Lowestoft Turkey Trot

15th Dec

10 messages
04/12/2002 at 16:52
Can we have a roll-call of all you fellow east anglians (proud!) who are turning up for this festive frolic?

Me (plus mother cheering from sidelines!)
Longlegs & hubby
Norfolk Dumpling
08/12/2002 at 20:08
Come on, surely there is more than just us????????????????????????
09/12/2002 at 08:02
Boing
12/12/2002 at 10:18
boing
come on East Anglians, a bracing run on the coast is just what you need!
12/12/2002 at 18:24
I shall be there great run this one i always feel better after overdoing the festive parties knowing i have just raced a 10 miler beforhand. several clubmates are coming as well hope it goes well watch out for that hill in the first mile.......
13/12/2002 at 14:09
Can anyone say what the course is like, I was told it was reasonably flat, but the web site states 'hilly'?
13/12/2002 at 15:50
I'm hoping it's not too hilly....mind you, it is only Lowestoft....surely it can't be that bad?

:)
14/12/2002 at 09:20
I am pretty sure that Blotts Mate is running this also.

Hope you all have a good race, dont forget to post your results, NN
15/12/2002 at 17:04
What a day for a run at the seaside, a very bracing wind that was coming off the sea.
The start was on the prom, which you ran along for about 2/3rds of a mile then up hill to the first mile marker, this I think was a long mile. The course then took you into Corton and then turning around at Hopton coming back with the wind biting in some parts that were a bit open. It was a bit damp too, but all in all not a bad course and run. I was hoping for 84mins, but with the wind coming back it was not going to be, the last bit along the prom was full head wind and bl**dy cold, and very, very long. Finished in 86mins, Fozzie got a PB for 10miles at 82mins, lucky him.
Norfolk Dumpling finished in 91mins, very good considering a slightly damaged knee.
Well done to us all.
I think this course could be a PB course if the conditions were better.
15/12/2002 at 17:06
Well done LL and all, I have spoken to Blotts Mate and there is an agreement that the first mile marker must have been out.

See you at Witham, NN

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.