Luton Marathon

May not be Valencia but lets talk about it!!

21 to 40 of 52 messages
20/10/2012 at 18:47

Sorry about your injury, always a bugger at this stage of prep. Recover well for the next one.

26/10/2012 at 09:27

Hi all,

If anyone has entry to this race that they no longer need I would be happy to take it off your hands!

Thanks

Garch

29/10/2012 at 16:38

Hello everyone, glad to hear that you're all looking forward to the race (sorry to hear of your injury BP).

The course isn't hilly, but it is undulating on the rural section. The longest drag is up through Streatley to the first water station. There are three water stations on each lap, approximtely three miles apart. They will all have water and High 5 energy drink.

As already mentioned, part of the course is on rural roads, which will also be used by traffic - that's the reason that headphones aren't a good idea.

Look forward to seeing you all on the day (I'll be in one of the white vans driving round and round, so give me a wave).

29/10/2012 at 18:30
Super shins - did a 22 miler on Sunday so will be there calf ok now
29/10/2012 at 19:31

BP- good news

Did a 20.5 miler on Sunday pleased with that, a good hilly 1/3 marathon race in the North West, next Sunday, then it will be easing down for Luton.

03/11/2012 at 13:49

Hi everyone,

Can anybody help a friend of mine?  She's been training for Luton, and thought she'd booked her place weeks ago.  However.... after just checking the entry list, it turns out she's not on it, and it looks like she didn't actually book her place after all.  And it's now sold out..... Needless to say she's gutted - this is her first marathon and a major feat for her.

Does anyone happen to have a place that they're not going to be able to use, that she could have?  She'd be so grateful.... she's booked accommodation, just not the race!

Any help would be most appreciated,

cheers! 

05/11/2012 at 11:21

halhal_girl,

I seem to remember that in previous years they have accepted "one man" relay teams. It might be worth emailing them to ask as there still places for relay teams available.

08/11/2012 at 07:13

halhal_girl

You can have my place if the RD (Elaine Harris) is ok about transferring to your name. They only posted out the bib numbers this year and you collect your chip on the morning of the race, so I guess she might be able to change the name.

I ran it in 2009 and they accepted me as a 'one man' relay team as it was sold out.

08/11/2012 at 13:14

Thank you Mr Whizz and The Lazy Greyhound for your replies.

My friend has actually decided not to run after all - she's going to do Gloucester in January instead, which she has definitely entered & paid for!  She also feels she'll be better prepared by then.

Thanks again for your help!

08/11/2012 at 13:17

Finished my last serious run last night - now it is just going out when feel like it in next few days at a really slow pace and nothing more than 10 miles.

Hope everybody else is fit for next week.

08/11/2012 at 18:34

Hopefully fit, bit of a cold, better this week than next.

Last serious run was last Sunday,up North, Through the Villages race 8.4 miles, a tad over 70 mins, tough,hilly and cold but a great race.

I've never raced(run) so far South, what with passports,language barriers and what to wear in such sunny climes,decisions!!! but looking forward to it.

08/11/2012 at 18:39

halhal_girl, good luck to your friend in Gloucester.

How can she miss such a unique opportunity to be a one person relay team?

09/11/2012 at 09:09

Got my last "big" run this weekend (8 mile) then just a 3 and a 2 then on for the mara!!!

Still a little worried about the cutoff but just going to try and not head out too fast and then just enjoy it!

It will be my first marathon and im doing it in sandals!

Good luck everyone!

10/11/2012 at 09:18

No problem, halhal_girl.

I still have a place if anyone wants it.

Good luck to all runners next week...I really enjoyed running it in 2009 and didn't think the hills were too bad. I'd say it's about 5 minutes slower than the London Marathon for a 4 hour marathoner and maybe a couple of minutes slower for a 3 hour marathoner

11/11/2012 at 08:56

Just completed an easy 8 mile canter across the countryside a fine sunny morning, here in East Yorkshire.

Hope for the same next Sunday for't race.

acp
15/11/2012 at 14:22

Good luck for Sunday BP, and everyone else!

15/11/2012 at 14:57

Cheers acp - going to need it as just getting rid of a chest infection had since last Saturday. Will go out for a slow 3 miler this evening as not run since last Thursday. Hopefully the chest will be fully clear by Sunday - weather is looking very good sunshine and 7-9oC - just like Manchester (I think not) but there again we are in a warmer part of year!!!

15/11/2012 at 21:25
Hope everybody is ready and fit for Sunday. Weather looks really good, perfect running weather - well so much better than Manchester in April.

Good luck to everyone.
15/11/2012 at 23:12

Hope everyone is enjoying taper bliss - I dont mind it to be honest - nice relax before the race! Good luck all, weather looking great

16/11/2012 at 08:37

Good luck everyone!! The only problem I have with the taper is having too much time to think about it!!

21 to 40 of 52 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.