Luton Marathon

May not be Valencia but lets talk about it!!

41 to 52 of 52 messages
16/11/2012 at 08:38

Thanks everyone for the good wishes.

Weather good for't time of year, forecast between  3-6degC light wind and sunny.

My 3.58 Pacing band is set hope it all goes to plan.

Just a 4, 3 & 2 mile jogs for me this week

Remember Keep on Dancing!!

acp
16/11/2012 at 11:07

Sorry to hear that BP! I've done so many races when I haven't been 100% I sometimes wonder if it's just not meant to be. Hope you're feeling fine by Sunday and have a good one! Maybe I'll catch up with you on another thread some time!

16/11/2012 at 13:01

Cheers acp I am sure will be OK (well I will finish). I am sure we will come across each other on other blogs

19/11/2012 at 14:23

Thanks to whoever it was who posted the Elevation chart earlier in the thread. I have just downloaded my data from the race and thought I would pop up an image of the Elevation output from my Garmin that people may find helpful in future years:

Edit: Doesn't seem to be displaying very well, anyone any ideas on how to improve it?

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/593231/gallery/luton_marathon_2012_elevation_chart_0.png?width=350

Edited: 19/11/2012 at 14:26
19/11/2012 at 14:28

Had a bit of a nightmare at Luton yesterday - was fine through 18 miles and on 3:55 pace then legs just went into a 'vegetative state' and decided that they would not work the way they should - it was not cramp it was just massive aching pain. Anyway that was end of decent time and finished in 4:18 (worst for 4 years). Weird thing is that 1/2 hour after race legs were feeling great no aches and even today I have no aches - it is almost as though I imagined the race and didn't run. It may have been the hills as only really ran flat marathons before - but can't think it is that as came on so quick and not feeling anything today from it. Very Weird

19/11/2012 at 15:16

Hey peeps, well done to everyone running yesterday!

I was really happy with my time 4.45.46, not speedy I know but it was my first one and just meant loads to me just to finish!

Bearsted plodder - Electrolites maybe? There seemed to be a few people out there who were really struggling so maybe it was just the amount of hills?

Andrew - Maybe just a link to your garmin page...ill add mine later to help out

19/11/2012 at 15:20

back2basics - maybe as I took on board what I have come to do for a flat marathon maybe I needed a bit more with the hills - worth thinking about for future.

19/11/2012 at 20:36

Andrew, that elevation chart looks frightening!! I borrowed a Garmin from a friend and can't get the data onto my computer yet - I just wondered what yours had the total ascent as? 

I had a good race, a PB of 3:26:20, but am quite certain I'd have knocked more off that on a flat course. I really, really felt the hills on the last lap. What a lovely race however. 

19/11/2012 at 21:11
Great time on that course Amanda - those hills were OK on first lap but seemed to get longer on the next 2
21/11/2012 at 11:35

Hey guys, here is my garmin page with loads of info...

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/244667170

I forgot to stop the watch till about 2 minutes after I was done  my real time was 4.45.46....nowhere near fast but im so pleased!

It was my first ever marathon and I was so happy just to finish!

Also its the longest distance that I have run in sandals as well!

We were really lucky with the weather eh?!

How did everyone else do?

21/11/2012 at 13:20

Thanks for that link B2B, and congrats!!

My husband said he'd seen a runner in sandals! How were your feet after?

It was a great day. Having seen 900+ feet of ascent I am very pleased with my time. 

21/11/2012 at 23:34

that was me!! Yeah good, had 2 blisters and my achillies was a little tight but apart from that great!

Going to try maybe a 5k or so tomorrow

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 52 of 52 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.