Mablethorpe Marathon

421 to 423 of 423 messages
22/09/2008 at 22:53

Thanks for the info people. I will copy all this and bring it up at the meeting tomorrow night.

Denz

23/09/2008 at 08:27
It's our pleasure Denz. After all, it's in our interest to get the race as perfect as possible. And the proof is in the return rates- we keep coming back!
23/09/2008 at 14:10

Hi folks, good to hear most have recovered well with good memories, I have done NO FITNESS FOR A WEEK, its another experiment to judge against previous recoverys, I am feeling great, good quality time and play with kids and now about to get on the concept2 and do a 4 miler and get into a speed and strengh build up, to tackle 2x XC leagues, I am aiming to do well in these as i plan them to be my last.

I am an EPS who has decided to head back north to live off the land and be mortgage free, be self employed, to no longer do the new career i started 6 month ago!!!. and possibly set up an  ironman event in the highlands, I do think there is room for 1, as well as the loch ness and cape wrath 26.2 . I aim to be home before the summer.

Mabo will be special to me, as it will be near the inlaws and a good excuse to visit them and say "i am just going out for a run" . I agree with 99% comments, EPS you are bang on with asking for energy drinks sooner rather than later, no need for more stations, just spread them back to the 6 mile point if you organisers are reading keep up the good work, I may not be on the start line in 09 but lets say hello on the finish line in 2010, will also return to same B+B to get more ideas.

Good luck folks, especially with FLM ballot, im dreaming of a sub 3 in 09.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
421 to 423 of 423 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.