Macclesfield 1/2M

Running for Charity ?

3 messages
20/08/2002 at 11:26
Anybody entered the Macc 1/2M ? And do you HAVE to run for charity ? The entry form states to enclose your "sponsorship declaration slip" with your entry. Does this mean you have to raise money ? I raise loads once a year for the London Marathon, I don't think I would get the same response if I tried it for every race I ran.
04/09/2002 at 12:45
I've sent an application for the Macc 1/2 Marathon, and also wondered about the charity "requirement", as I just don't have time to find sponsors. They still havn't sent me anything back yet after a couple of weeks, so we will see!
04/09/2002 at 21:11
People have just started receiving their race numbers. I'm pretty certain that sponsorship is not compulsory, although they're obviously keen to plug it. I believe that they've had around 500 entries to date (max 1000).

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.