Macclesfield Half-Marathon

Anyone else doing this?

21 to 40 of 67 messages
22/09/2009 at 23:51

DeliH dont worry like brer said.Just relax and enjoy it.

I wonder if Nicolas Winterton will start the race like last year? "Ready Steady Go?!!!!"

I wouldn't worry about being last,i would rather do the race and come last than be a eastender watching ,sofa dwelling pie eater with no self respect. Rant over.

23/09/2009 at 14:17

Someone earlier asked about the 1 mile fun run - yes it is for kids, off road within the grounds of the leisure centre.  My kids enjoyed it when as young as 6.  The fun run is well timed to fill in the time until the leading runners return to the track.  So as races go it is not a bad family morning out.

This was my first ever half in 2004 and I've enjoyed it ever since.  The uphill isn't too bad and the downhill seems to go on for miles.  Nice start and finish on the track, great views from the top of the hills.

23/09/2009 at 17:54

this should be a walk in the park

we've run it once

and we've just last weekend completed Great Langdale HM

so this is a baby

SGQ
24/09/2009 at 10:53

Weather forecast seems fine for Sunday (at the moment) - I'm looking forward to this now - should be a good morning out.

Hope everyone's final few days of training/resting go well.

24/09/2009 at 11:26
I asked about the 1 mile run - thanks Bob.
24/09/2009 at 21:49

Does anyone know if there are still places available for entry on-the-day?

Does it ever get full?

I am not asking for myself, I am not that daft  I shall be sitting in my chair taking photos.

Remember: My photos can be downloaded for free, no charge being made.

Fingers crossed for that fine weather.

All the best to everyone.

Kind regards.

Bryan
http://www.racephotos.org.uk

24/09/2009 at 21:59
i think the race has been cancelled cos of snow
24/09/2009 at 22:56

I can just see the picture now Mick.

A team of huskies pulling you and Phil. You shouting "mush".

Hey, you could win the darn race.

Looking forward to seeing you both on Sunday.

Kind regards.

Bryan

25/09/2009 at 15:21
racephotos wrote (see)

Does it ever get full?

I am not asking for myself, I am not that daft  I shall be sitting in my chair taking photos.

Remember: My photos can be downloaded for free, no charge being made.

Hi Bryan - I've run it for the last four years and I think there's always been places on the day.

Thanks for all your sterling efforts on the photo's at races. Looking forward to seeing what state I look this year!!

Regards,

Silkman 

25/09/2009 at 20:11
I've just looked on the official macc website and it says entries will be accepted on the day.Good job really as that is how i'm entering.
26/09/2009 at 23:11

Let me see know,

1,Nice big pasta tuna bake for tea,check

2,running kit all set out,check

3, stretching done,check

4, alarm set,check

5,just going to bed for an early night,check,

Eyes down look in roll on tomorrow.Good luck everyone.

26/09/2009 at 23:32

Thanks you Silkman and get carter for information about on-the-day entries.

Fingers crossed Silkman I get a really good photo of you and you look mighty fine. 

I have a young lady helping me tomorrow, Kate McLean and she could well be on the track at the finish, a wave and a smile would be appropriate.  You have a good run.

All the best everyone.

Bryan

27/09/2009 at 18:58
I found this really quite tough.... maybe I am just a wimp but my time was rubbish, just hills, hills & hills with hills on them...... next time will try harder with more hill triaining.....
27/09/2009 at 19:06

DeliH

well done & good luck friend -

onwards - take care

SGQ
27/09/2009 at 20:07

Enjoyed that!  Hills not as bad as I thought they might be.  Never thought I'd get a PB, but was hoping for sub-1.45.  Got 1.44.28.  That'll do.

Thanks to all the organisers and marshalls etc..  Good day out.

27/09/2009 at 20:54

Hi everyone,

Well done to everyone that did this. It was bloody hard!!! The hardest HM I've done anyway! That last hill at 10 miles killed me off!!

27/09/2009 at 20:55

Great day as usual.I went out far too fast as normal and struggled a bit at the end.mind you i got a pb 20 secs better than last year.

Nice  to see you Bryan race photos,i shouted "get carter" as i ran past you.

28/09/2009 at 20:57
Macclesfield HM in 2:22 - our 196th HM together

Super day, lovely event, cruised with a bit of work involved on the undulating bits

Felt tired after 3 weeks of gruelling running, but then I did expect that

I didn’t go to Macclesfield expecting anything spectacular - just to run really and enjoy and feel happy , and we got exactly what we went for

This is all part of our diary and our tapering ( if u want to call it that ) towards Abingdon FM, on 18 October, it will be our 37 th FM together

We have next week Local Kenilworth HM, an undulator, but nothing serious, and then Leicester HM , another slightly undulating in places but nothing much

Usually we’d push the pace on these, but our /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif[/img]howGlossaryDefinition('taper');]taper means we just run along sweetly, getting to finish when we do

So, it’s onwards, I’m nice and relaxed, Abingdon will be good, I’ll be ready

I’ve been at it all so long now, years before I took Phillip, years before Phillip was even born, so it’s just wait until the day really

As it is all on the day - HM’s there run, jog walk able if things go wrong, FM’s , there a different thing

We do so hope everyone’s training is going well - and we wish you all well

If you all enjoy your running as much as we do, it will make you really happy and change your life
28/09/2009 at 21:36

He-he, proof you enjoy yourself Mick.  Phil also.

http://www.racephotos.org.uk/Macclesfield_Large/E_064.jpg

Well done to both of you.  Real Stars.

Kind regards.

Bryan

29/09/2009 at 11:53
Brilliant Mick and Phil, truly brilliant!
21 to 40 of 67 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.