Macclesfield Half-Marathon

Anyone else doing this?

61 to 67 of 67 messages
19/05/2011 at 18:33
Ooops will do.

20/09/2011 at 10:11
Has anyone got any tactics for Macclesfield? Should you go faster on the downhills and conserve energy on the uphills, or do it all at a steady pace?
20/09/2011 at 10:37

whats the start like in terms of congestion and people starting in the correct place?

I know its not a fast course but no chip timing 

20/09/2011 at 11:30
I did it in 2008, and it was ok. People are left to position themselves at the start, but most people were sensible. I think there was a bit of congestion as you leave the running track though.
20/09/2011 at 14:56

The start has been altered slightly this year in that you do one and three quarters of the track before hitting the tarmac, should give the field some time to spread out?

The biggest hill is Whirley Lane at around mile 10, make sure you leave some in the tank for it.

24/09/2012 at 14:09

less than a week to go and my First Macclesfield Half Marathon...!!

These Hills are starting to worry me!

If i can get round in 2 hrs 10 i will be very very happy.

25/09/2012 at 08:11

Hi Andrew,

I have just spotted that you have added a message for this year's race but on an old Forum Thread, one for the 2009 race.

I honestly think you will get more responses if you were to start a 'new' thread for the 2012 race.

This is the link:
http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/newthread.asp?EN=68146&title=Macclesfield+Half%2DMarathon&URN=6&sp=&v=2

I will be at this year's race again taking photos which can be downloaded for free.  I have a banner promoting the race on my website.

All the best Andrew, hopefully see you there.

Kind regards

Bryan
www.racephotos.org.uk

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 67 of 67 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.