Macmillan Runners in VLM

A thread for all Runners from Macmillan in 2013 VLM and any other interested party!

21 to 28 of 28 messages
07/04/2013 at 21:12
Thanks ... No to the pasta party and yes to the recovery centre. I'm hoping for under 5 hours - first marathon so anything can happen! What about you? Good luck to you too, I'll wave to everyone in the green vest!
09/04/2013 at 20:02

There will be several hundred of us, so I'm surprised not more on the forum here or on Macsite. Recovery centre is fantastic. I'll be the one with the Olympic torch if you want to say hello!

09/04/2013 at 20:21
Cool!! Well I will def look out for you and I might have to ask to hold your torch (ok I'm sure you've had all the jokes so I won't ... )

I'm a bit tall and lanky, wearing a grey cap, hopefully my name - Kate - on vest if the letters turn up, I think you'll be well ahead of me but if you see me give me a push!

Can't wait, just hope it lives up to the hype
10/04/2013 at 11:47

Don't worry...it always does.

10/04/2013 at 14:34

Hey MacMillan runners. Best of luck to you all. If you're still in the final, nervy days of planning, work your way through this and have a great race.

http://natrun.co.uk/london-marathon-checklist/

I'll be on an Oxfam cheers station looking like a hairier version of my forum photo. Hope you all have a good one,

Lee

11/04/2013 at 10:22

Thanks Lee...which mile marker should we look out for you?

11/04/2013 at 10:33

I haven't been allocated yet, though I'm hoping for Cutty Sark, failing that, Tower bridge.

12/04/2013 at 19:22
Thanks Lee.

I have a cold, and a touch of ITBS, so not so much of a taper as a complete halt - but I've done the miles and am feeling relaxed about it. If there's a good time to get the lurgy then now is the time and its quite a welcome distraction tbh and it's not like I'm trying to win the flippin' thing after all

Let us know where you end up so we can give an extra wave

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.