Maidenhead Easter 10M

60 years old and still running!

21 to 32 of 32 messages
23/03/2013 at 10:30

Joe and 'Also Ran' - just turn up on race morning giving yourself time to collect your running number and timing chip from the entries tent in the race village. The site is compact so you are no more than 5 minutes from the race village, toilets and start line when you are parked on site. You can download a copy of the race programme (PDF file) from our website: www.maidenheadac.co.uk. Now, I am just hoping for an improvement in the weather before next Friday is upon us!

23/03/2013 at 11:38
Hi ian, looking forward to the race, did it back in 2009 so hoping to beat my time from then. Signed up through rw last monday but my name isnt on the entry list on maidenhead ac's website, just wanted to check the application went off okay.
Thanks
23/03/2013 at 14:20
Please please please can we have warmer and dryer weather. Love this race it follows my summer training route.
31/03/2013 at 17:54

It was definitely drier Paul, a lovely sunny day.  Still cold enough for me to wear my gloves though.

I enjoyed my run, nice flat course, and encouraging marshalls, espec those by the airfield at White Waltham

I liked the diamond-shaped medal, and souvenir bag.

Thanks Maidenhead AC.

01/04/2013 at 08:38

Really enjoyed the race, very good organisation.  Getting the bacon rolls cooking so early before the start is a bit cruel though! 

01/04/2013 at 09:04
Agree with you on that Philpub. The waft of bacon when I picked up my number was v tempting!
01/04/2013 at 10:46

I thought the race was very fun and very well organised plus we had good luck with the weather. I really enjoyed it for my first running event and will be taking part in many more to come. Thankyou Maidenhead AC

02/04/2013 at 17:12

Enjoyed the race, thanks Maidenhead AC and marshalls. I feel duty bound to join the club as a 'Madonian'

The circuits of the office park gave me nightmares from a recent snowy long run when I ended up running around that office park about 18 times (mental endurance is important right?)

Did one of the front runners pull up or go in the wrong direction - one guy seemed very unhappy for some reason.

02/04/2013 at 22:05

1336 entries, over 1100 on the Start line and 1095 crossed the finish line.  Thank you everyone for making the 60th Maidenhead Easter Ten a bumper one! Our marshals will be delighted with your positive comments.  Our approach to race marshalling is to aim to keep all runners in line of sight of two marshals at any point in time to ensure a rapid response to any runners in distress or in need of medical attention - just so you know!

Now, an early date for your 2014 running calendar - the 61st Maidenhead Easter Ten will take place on Good Friday April 18th 2014.

03/04/2013 at 14:09

Great race yet again really enjoyed it. Fantastic orginisation, nice compact start area, plenty of (free parking), marshalls were brilliant, frequent and visible. 

Two minor areas for improvement -

1. May just have been me getting old but I didn't hear a start "gun"

2. My car had the remains of a small rainforest under the wipers, race organisers please use e-mail, social media and websites like this for info

Great work Maidenhead AC!

21/04/2013 at 10:34

Alan - the race was started with a very loud hooter that the Mayor was holding and pressing throughout all starters crossing the Start line. It was loud and clear to me but I was standing next to him at the time!

I agree about the 'rainforest' of race entries.  Next year we shall revert to a display in the entries marquee for runners to collect entry forms for the races they are interested in - as long as local organisers send us some entry forms in advance.

Thank you everyone once again as the bumper entries this year enable us to make a larger contribution to our nominated charity - Thames Valley Adventure Playground for special needs children and adults - and to help improve the facilities and coaching for the many budding young athletes in Maidenhead who belong to the Maidenhead AC junior section.

07/05/2013 at 16:16

Cheers Ian just me being deaf then  

see you next year,

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 32 of 32 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.