Manchester Marathon 2012 lost property

What have you lost and found?

21 to 30 of 30 messages
The Silent Assassin    pirate
30/04/2012 at 16:46

Hi Cougie.

I know what you mean about London using identical bags, the problem with Manchester was at London you are given a particular truck to leave your bag on which is linked to your number, at Manchester they just put your bag with everyone else's in no order at all

cougie    pirate
30/04/2012 at 16:51
Doh !!

Bet they won't make that mistake again.

They do need to allow for a big space to sort out that many bags. I think Liverpool marathon used an empty car park to have them all sorted out.
30/04/2012 at 16:55

Cougie- They were a different design from London, the string at London was at the top of the bag which you could pull together

The one yesterday was pulled from the bottom to the top which you couldn't tie, only pull tight.

cougie    pirate
30/04/2012 at 16:57
Double doh !!

Bad planning there eh ?
02/05/2012 at 09:18
It's now Wednesday and can now say I enjoyed Sunday, many thanks to the people involved and special thanks to the people who came out to support on such a shitty day, I found my black rucksack amongst the sea of white expo bags with no trouble. At no time did anyone say "you must use the white bags" they told me I could. Anyone who left valuables in these things that were impossible to close then you need your subnormal heads examining. Stop the whingeing and learn a lesson from it.
02/05/2012 at 10:28

I took along my Nike rucksack, took over an hour to find it. Never been so cold in my life, thought i was gonna collapse in the tent, finally found my bag with the number tag gone, covered in mud and opened outside the tent. Nothing was missing and other than a squashed Double Decker choccy bar nothing was broken either.

My friends spent the entire time looking for me and even went into the medical tent to see if i was in there.

Would like to know what happened to the Army guys who took my bag when i first got there?? 

02/05/2012 at 10:35

I was told by a marshall that they had been sworn at by some understandably miffed runners and the commanding officer decided that this was unacceptable (which it is) and took the decision to take them off the site.

As this is only second hand I am not able to confirm if that is the truth but it seemd a reasonable explaination when told to me.

02/05/2012 at 11:13
Richard: I'd left an old pair of jogging bottoms, an old running top, my train ticket home and a fiver in my bag. Nothing "valuable" as such but them going missing meant I had to hang around in and to get back to Sale in soaked running gear while hypothermia crept up on me.

I'm glad everything worked out OK for you and your black bag (and that seems your main concern in the whole shambles as well) but others wern't so lucky.
H.
02/05/2012 at 21:31
I found my phone etc after going back for a second time (thank god I found my keys on the first attempt - although it took close to an hour). That said there was a lot in the lost property including more phones. Worth checking. They only recognised it thanks to my description that it was wrapped in a dog poo bag. It has been in another bag within the white drawstring but that all went t&ts up. Lesson - dog poo bags may be the way forward....

As for not leaving valuables. No option and never had an issue in the 000's of races I've done. Left the rembrandt at home though NW

06/05/2012 at 07:02

Gaz, I said "STOP THE WHINGEING" ok, not only did I find my bag but an empty tent to get changed in, which the elite runners didn't even have

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 30 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.