marathon in autumn?

looking to run a marathon in autumn

41 to 50 of 50 messages
19/04/2012 at 11:08

I want  to do the Venice marathon in Oct - I know very little about the race but I want to visit Venice!

More likely though I will run the Leicester marathon. I've done it twice and would highly recommend it.

Owl

19/04/2012 at 11:53
A lady at my running club last night reccommended the Budapest marathon - has the feel of a good well supported half (like Tunbridge Wells) but with lots of interesting city sights.  Think is on Oct 7 from a quick websearch.................
19/04/2012 at 12:43
Poznan marathon or Warsaw one in Poland. Warsaw is the biggest and Poznan the best overall but I may be biased as it's my home town. And it's cheap as well.
19/04/2012 at 20:28
I'm running Frankfurt. I hear it's a flat course with very good PB potential, and there is a laser light finish in a stadium with cheerleaders.
19/04/2012 at 20:35
Sorry, I didn't see other posters already recommending Frankfurt.

I DNF'd at Liverpool last year. The late start was absurd, the course was hilly, dull and poorly supported by spectators for the first 14 miles. I have nothing positive to report about the race, though the spectators in the city centre coming out of the tunnel were nice.
19/04/2012 at 21:01
I'm in for Chicago this year as a first one
20/04/2012 at 15:14
Timing is everything with Autumn marathons.  Unfortunately, this means I'm left with Luton - plus Kent Coastal in very late Summer.
23/05/2012 at 11:53

For anyone looking for a marathon in Europe, I would recommend my own website http://www.runningineurope.com where I have collected loads of European running events. 

Edited: 23/05/2012 at 11:54
23/05/2012 at 13:02

Eindhoven is very flat and fast and Ryanair does flights from Stansted at sensible times so you don't have to take any days off. Is a whole "day of running" so there are races from just a few kms through a HM in the afternoon to the full marathon (& marathon relay) in the morning.

That Geoffrey Mutai nearly lapped me there in 2009

23/05/2012 at 13:54

Cat 137 - you are clearly difficult to impress. There were plenty of positive things about Liverpool. Finishing on a World Heritage Site for one!! If I find a flat to downhill event with plenty of things to keep you entertained along the way I'll let you know.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 50 of 50 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.