Marathon plans for 2013

what races people are thinking of for next year

21 to 40 of 62 messages
23/10/2012 at 08:51

@rocketron - are you running it or promoting it?

23/10/2012 at 09:00

I've a marathon to come for 2012 - Portsmouth Coastal.

If that goes ok, I'm hoping to go for:

Malta (half) & Berlin Marathon

Already signed up for Wokingham half, Reading half and BUPA London 10k.

Also hoping to get to 100 Park Runs in December this year and get my black T-Shirt

23/10/2012 at 09:22

Emmy - I take it you are an accountant by trade as they love their spreadsheets

23/10/2012 at 10:24

Lol. Nope. Project Manager - I like making plans!

23/10/2012 at 10:32

of course, I bet you have loads of different shapped boxes with arrows between them.

andyp - when are you thinking of signeing up for berlin and good luck with portsmouth costal, is it a hilly one? 

23/10/2012 at 13:59

Hiya all. I've decided to run my first marathon in Dublin next year. I had no luck with the VLM ballot but want my first one to be big but familiar, and I've been to Dublin a few times. From what I've read it's a good one for newbies and very supportive crowds. Seems to be on a Monday though which is strange? I'm intending to follow the Hal Higdon novice 2 training programme. 

23/10/2012 at 14:06

Georginagem - I was speaking to the guy who runs my local sweat shop and he was raving about dublin, said the crowd is amazing not to hilly and it is done on a bank holiday so plenty of people about  

23/10/2012 at 16:50

Emmy-H

I'm one of the organisers, had a very successful press launch today.

23/10/2012 at 17:49

Races booked for me next year are Silverstone and Brighton Marathon

I'd like to do an autumn marathon, i'm very tempted by NYC marathon but its not gonig to be cheap so would need to work out the logistics of it all and see whether its possible

i'm thinking of doing the HM that is set in Blackpool but on 24th Feb, its called something else ( cant remember without looking ) but its a couple of laps I believe 

I'm actually looking for a 20miler race if anyone knows of one about March time as that would fit in nicely with my Brighton marathon training plan

23/10/2012 at 17:53

3rd March 2013 - Spitfire 20 - starts and finishes on the Top Gear race track.  2 x 10 mile laps in the lanes around Dunsfold.

23/10/2012 at 17:59

thats the same day as Silverstone

23/10/2012 at 18:30

San Domenico 20  miler in Merythr Tydfil is great, few hills thrown in but great prep, always run as spring marathon training and will do again next year (think its the 24/3).  Rhayader Round the Lakes 20 miler is another great low key run (think its the week before San Dom), but has one major hill at the start of the race but worth it for the views!

VLM in April and then toying with Berlin (in case I don't run my target at London this year) or Loch Ness which sounds lovely.  Little matter of Snowdonia on saturday to get out the way first.........

23/10/2012 at 18:35

can you point me in the right direction of websites to have a nose at them Laudy? 

do u know if any of them have medals hahaha i'm such a medal hoarder lol

23/10/2012 at 18:52

http://www.sd20.org.uk/

http://www.rhayaderac.org.uk/

Neither have medals, both are low key (i.e. water in cups not bottles, limited crowd support, no road closures), both are very well organised by their respective clubs.  SD20 you do get a nice tech T shirt.  If thats your thing then they are definitely worth a run, both in the calendar for me so long as the dates don't clash this year was perfect

23/10/2012 at 23:17

I cant see anything what date the rhayaderac 20mile road race is  the sd20 one looks good

there is also a stafford 20mile road race but again I can only find stuff out from last year ( or should i say this year ) and nothing for 2013 :-/

24/10/2012 at 08:19

Hi geegee - hanks.  I'm hoping Portsmouth is flat.

Not sure when to sign-up for Berlin but apparently the spaces go v quickly so i'll have to get a spreadsheet out and make a note of the date

24/10/2012 at 08:37

Hello! I have to work my runs around childcare (severe lack of it, so have work around my parents or my husband has to take time off work!) But this is what I have planned in 2013

March - Silverstone Half
May - Milton Keynes Marathon
October - Spires to Steeples 26 challenge (passes the end of my parents road....childcare sorted!) 

Will squeeze in a couple of 10k's as well, more than likely the Woodhall Spa 10K

24/10/2012 at 10:46

Confession time - I have a spreasheet too.

I'm not an accountant, but a PM like Emmy_H.  But I have a list of all the races I've done with times, dates etc

On another page there's a list of events I'd like to do....I'll stop now.

I'll get me coat.............

24/10/2012 at 11:43
andyp wrote (see)

I've a marathon to come for 2012 - Portsmouth Coastal.

Same here, though I'm only 90% sold on the idea at the moment.

Next year I'm planning on doing the Southdown Way in June and purely because it's local Stevenage in July.

I'm looking for something to do April/May time and possibly a late Autumn one as well.

24/10/2012 at 13:15

Good to hear positive things about Dublin geegee. Ah it's a bank holiday that explains.

21 to 40 of 62 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.