Marathon Windows Tour Of Epsom & Ewell Race 1: 3.3MT

and 2, 3, 4 & 5

1 to 20 of 40 messages
Trogs    pirate
11/05/2005 at 14:58
Who's up for this runfest this year. I entered the whole tour in a moment of post FLM lunacy.
11/05/2005 at 15:10
I'd like to do this except I'm required for babysitting duties most nights that week. (My wife got to the calendar with the red biro before I did!)

I did a RunningWithDavid event last week and it was very enjoyable: nice and informal, but organised.
11/05/2005 at 15:15
I shall be there all week once again Murf :)

A year's just long enough to forget that feeling of arrgh another race tonight!
11/05/2005 at 15:57
entered all of them again. looking forward to it, especially after i had to miss the morden 5k last thursday - mcgoohan was that the one you did?
11/05/2005 at 16:00
Twas indeed annajo. Really enjoyed it, even though it was kind of a suburban circuit. Don't recall crossing a single road - which was a blessing. Got a free sports massage afterwards as well. A good night out, all in all.
11/05/2005 at 16:06
I hope to be doing this- haven't done the full week for quite some time. In Ok shape so will be a good laugh. The beers after the final race always go down well-although trying to run home afterwards is a bit of a challenge after an evening with Auntie Stella!
Trogs    pirate
11/05/2005 at 22:24
The last time I ran every night for a week was the TofE two years ago. Shall try to pace myself slightly better this time - I was going backwards by Friday.
13/05/2005 at 10:51
My novice friend, Tanya, who will be competeing in her first race, wants to know the best run for the week? And one with the boozer nearest the finish line!!
13/05/2005 at 11:07
Well, you have to run at least one of the midweek runs to be allowed to run the Friday handicap, so I guess that reduces her to four choices.
Trogs    pirate
14/05/2005 at 15:21
'Ere, whose nicked my post?! I know I posted a reply to Stone(d) yesterday but it's vanished and I definitely submitted it.

If you're into pubs, Thursday's the best day cos there are three drinking establishments within staggering distance of the finish although one of them probably wont let you in dressed in running gear. However, Thursday is also a time trial and is, to my mind, the most difficult race of the week.
16/05/2005 at 11:43
Ta. Why can't I access the website??
19/05/2005 at 13:51
Looks ok to me?

http://www.runningwithdavid.com/

or to miss out the flash intro
http://www.runningwithdavid.com/index2.html
19/05/2005 at 14:05
Net nanny stops it for me at work, but I can access it from home, so maybe that's your problem Stone(d)
20/05/2005 at 18:22
Well, I'll be doing it (the whole tour) again this year. The Tattenham Corner pub seems closed for refurb at the mo though, might have to be the Derby Arms on Thursday night.
03/06/2005 at 13:48
so there's a few of us doing this then?

Just to warn anyone who knows me - I am fully intending to post the slowest times I have ever done, and if I survive the week it will be a miracle. So... I will be grumpy! (unless by some fluke I don't come last in which case I will be ecstatic!)

Not been running properly for ages, so this week will just be a non-competitive, jog around various parks

(please remind me of this when I come to the fourth day and start trying to chase slippery down as he skips past me...)
03/06/2005 at 13:50
oh I'm number 12 by the way, and will be sporting the beautiful red and yellow epsom vest for at least the first night (before it becomes too smelly and/or starts to run by itself!)

murf, tiger, and slippery, think you'll recognise me?!
Trogs    pirate
05/06/2005 at 17:22
Think I can just about remember what you look like Annajo.

See you there.
06/06/2005 at 14:04
See you tonight y'all! Have decided to take the plunge and go for the whole week. I hope it doesn't rain, but it's looking kind of sh*te out there at the mo. Hey ho- will be fun anyway!
06/06/2005 at 14:43
"Fun anyway"!

Here we go for round 1 :)

You going for top 10 again Slippery? I shall try for the top 100!
07/06/2005 at 11:44
Thank you for your encouragement at the end Slippery :) That last hill never gets any easier does it?!

Think I might need a little snooze at my desk this afternoon ready for tonight's race, I think I blew all my energy in Horton Park last night!
1 to 20 of 40 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.