Marlow Half-Marathon

Who is in?

41 to 47 of 47 messages
02/11/2009 at 16:33
Does anyone know when the times will be up on the website?
GD
02/11/2009 at 16:46

They're here: http://www.chiptiming.co.uk/pdf/0111_Marlow.pdf

Anyone else notice any discrepency between the official timings & their own? Weird thing is both my chip and gun times are slower than I recorded/saw at the end - strange.  Maybe these are just provisional ones, not sure.

03/11/2009 at 09:35

Hello GD - the my official time was 5 seconds slower than my Garmin which often gets things wrong (speed, elevation, distance) but the time is normally accurate. I've used my Garmin time for my personal log...

Just a word the the marshalls and supporters along the way - fantastic job. They were well placed all along the course even in such damp conditions.

03/11/2009 at 11:14

Sleepy LIon - my stopwatch had me exactly 5 seconds faster than the official time as well.

And I add to the thanks for the superb, super-hardy marshals, St Johns people, and anyone else who stood in the rain to help or support. Fantastic race

GD
03/11/2009 at 11:23

I'm glad it's not just me, then!  My watch was 4 seconds faster than chiptime, and I didn't stop it until well over the line (so I'm guessing actually 6 seconds faster).  The weird thing is that the "official guntime" given is also some 6 seconds slower than the clock at the finishing line - all a bit strange.

Just to clarify, though (I've reviewed it elsewhere) - fantastic race.  Strangely loved the conditions, and the organisation by Marlow Striders is simply second to none.  The marshalls were absolutely brilliant, despite the awful weather.  Looking forward to next year's event already - just hope it doesn't clash with the NY Marathon, which I guess there's a good chance of - I'm finally due a guaranteed entry in that for 2010!

03/11/2009 at 13:30

My garmin had me 29 seconds faster than the chip time but 24 seconds of that were auto-pause from when I had to stop at the bottom of a very steep downhill and unfurl the soles of my shoes that had managed to roll up under my feet! So yeah, if i take off that, I also have a 5 second difference.

I agree with the above though, it was a great race even with the bad weather. The marshals were excellent all along the course and very encouraging, I definitely wouldn't have managed to be so cheery having to stand around in those conditions and clap and cheer 1000 people going by!  

03/11/2009 at 17:24
I made the chip and gun time 4 seconds behind my watch time as well - normally I'm a second either way - just glad it wasn't a crucial 4 secs!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 47 of 47 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.