MBNA Chester Marathon 2013

561 to 580 of 1,729 messages
16/06/2013 at 18:44

Trilla- fair enough Good luck with it!

15West- good eating!

Lisa- nice mp session I have a 6 year old son who does the same job as your dog with the early mornings!

4.2m recovery run done to round off the first 3 figure week of this campaign for me

16/06/2013 at 20:03

Really impressive running from everyone this weekend, I am in awe of those distances.

Three times a week is realistic for me as I can do both weekend days and one weekday evenIng.  I do more than the plan says on cross training though, mainly karate which I don't want to have to cut back on especially as I help out in some sessions. I've done all my half maras on two runs a week so I still feel like I'm making a special effort for the marathon!

17/06/2013 at 09:01

Hi all just back from a week visiting my daughter in ireland got a few runs in (although not the best plan on gUiness hangovers!!!) Did 6 miles yesterday morning, the furthest since the injury, without any reaction so things looking good to continue with the ramp up this week.

17/06/2013 at 16:12

Hello fellow Chesterers. 3rd week of P&D plan for me....today was 10mi with 5xLT miles. Was a tough sweaty workout, but ate a few flies on the way which helped.

Nelly - don't ramp up too quickly otherwise injury beckons again...try to increase mileage by about 10% a week.

17/06/2013 at 19:35

15West, I know physio said the same so need to take it easy,

Trouble is 26 miles seems a long way off at only 10% increase a week, but must stick with it, as the saying goes the hardest thing about a race is not finnishing but getting to the start injury free (definately true in my case)

17/06/2013 at 21:22

15West- Chesterers or Chesterians? Well done on the tempo run and the extra nutrition

NellyP- wise words from the physio and 15W and yourself

IQ- 3 times a week will do the job

5.6 ish m recovery run for me this morning at the crack of dawn and a real confidence boosting run tonight. 1 hour solo MP run on the track- I always find it hard to maintain this as a solo run, so pleased to report that I ran 9.59m in the hour (6.15 av) and it felt comfortable (especially after the first 4m)  considering it was on the back of a 3 figure week and the day after a LR . Early days, but encouraging enough.... 

18/06/2013 at 20:58

5.7m recovery run here this morning which was quite pleasant and 1.30 steady this evening- which was humid and sweaty and insect-filled The 1.30.00 turned out to be 12.31m tonight (7.19 av) Intervals tomorrow before recovery day on Thursday

19/06/2013 at 07:25

10 miles last night, felt knackered before I went out with headache from a difficult day at work - so the toughest part was getting out of the door! However glad I did..in the end. 4 mile recovery planned for later after work, supposed to be a warm one so glad its nice and short.

Nelly good news on the injury front - just take it nice and slowly, don't be worrying about the small details of 26.2 miles just yet

As always nice running everyone.

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
19/06/2013 at 08:52
jason d wrote (see)

15West- Chesterers or Chesterians?

Cestrian

19/06/2013 at 19:58

Dave- thanks for the clarification

Lisa- well done on getting out there!

4.xx m recovery for me this morning and then ran a pyramid session tonight- 200/400/600/800/600/400/200 off 200 recoveries. Speed was supposed to be between 5k and 1m pace and with them all coming in at between 5.28 and 5.00 pace, job done - last 200 was the fastest rep too   Recovery day tomorrow.

19/06/2013 at 22:14

Relays at Shugborough for me tonight, 20 secs off where I was pre injury, felt good and it's a great event.

20/06/2013 at 08:59

think i might be late to this party due to aiming for HIM in august so figure i will have to up the running miles after that.

i can always crawl round

20/06/2013 at 19:16

Hello all...12mi for me today. Loads of little flies out there...kept running through swarms of them...would just keep my eyes and mouth shut and hope for the best. Was covered with dead flies by the end. Nice.

20/06/2013 at 19:25

I entered Chester this year but will have to break other commitments to do the run, would anyone be interested in taking this entry on? I'm happy to transfer the name  legitimately for half the original cost

Thanks

20/06/2013 at 19:29

8 miles for me this evening with 4 at LT pace -  7.52ish min/miles, still bloody hot and sticky out there and don't talk to me about the flies  - swallowed a few eurgghh.

Rest day tomorrow - which means pilates.

Graeme sounds like fun.

Budjude is that a H/M you are doing or does HIM stand for something else - sorry if I am a bit dumb! I will be running a H/M in August but will just incorporate the race into my marathon training - will give me an indication of how the training is going.

21/06/2013 at 10:29

Im guessing HIM is half ironman (triathlon) ?

If thats the case you'll be in good shape for doing a marathon you'll just need to get a few long runs in alongside your other training.

This my first week of training where im feeling like a marathon runner again just building the miles back up steadily, just hope I havent lost too much fitness after London.

Well done on your LT run Lisa its always a really tough session!

21/06/2013 at 13:55

Hello all - and hello again Mark!

Oh, and Happy summer solstice.

6 easy miles for me today.

Well done on your LT run Lisa.

21/06/2013 at 16:48

Mark thanks for the help with the abbreviation - am a bit stupid sometimes!

Nice running as usual 15w.

Last day of summer today as per weather forecasts, so will look forward to going out and running in the rain and gales that are forecast over the weekend 

21/06/2013 at 17:36

Going to be scorchio next week though...

21/06/2013 at 22:40

just dipping in to say hi , especially to any new marathoners or 4hr30 to 5hr runners - i enetered a couple of weeks ago - for my 4th Chester marathon - and hope fully i will be the pacer for the 4hr45 group. So anyone is welcome to joint the fun bus i'll be driving. Bus = pacing group , having bags of fun , perhaps a bit of chatter, and more fun . Anyone wanting to join the bus -  just say HI here , i'm going to get to a couple of practice runs but not sure which cos of existing committments . 

Im of to run the first Shrewsbury marathon on 2 days time so getting marathon excited for the 26th time 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.