MBNA Chester Marathon 2013

1,721 to 1,729 of 1,729 messages
18/10/2013 at 15:13

Still think it's amazing performance from someone and shame no one can see how good he was at 10k 20k  or 30 k.......someone to look out for at next event....

18/10/2013 at 15:15

Very carefully written Bev.

No lawsuits coming your way

18/10/2013 at 16:27

Why am I bovvered?

19/10/2013 at 14:57

My Garmin did say 26.32 as 26.22 is the shortest distance measured, so a bit of weaving and satellite accuracy accounts for that.  The time though was based on starting on the Garmin start line and stopping on crossing the finish, that's pretty accurate!  And it reconciled with the provisional live result so a valI'd time.  They clearly would adjust the time to meet the Garmin at 26.22 but the time when you crossed the finish line is when you complete the marathon (regardless of distance).  I just queried it because the same chip was used to generate the unofficial time as to calculate the official time so couldn't understand where 3 whole seconds would come from.  They were more than happy just to change for the sake of 3 secs after all TDL are responsible for the live tracking results and the official results so I was just being a little pedantic querying the inconsistency not expecting them to change it but they did 

19/10/2013 at 14:58

What a difference a 3:00:02 time would make compared to 2:59:59

19/10/2013 at 15:00

Clearly would not adjust to meet the Garmin at 26:22 though!

19/10/2013 at 17:13

So are the results now finalised? 

19/10/2013 at 22:49

I believe so yes

20/10/2013 at 21:35

I've enjoyed reading some great comments about the Chester marathon over the last 2 weeks and also been educated. Just thought I should add my own.

I thoroughly enjoyed my first Chester Marathon and have only positve comments to make about the whole experience. The organisation, the route, the start/finish venue and the attention to detail were first class. The support along the route was uplifting as was the support from fellow runnres before, during and after the race. I had read some reviews prior to the race but never appreciated how good it it was until taking part. Unfortunately I was unable to make it for the training runs and seminars, but will make an effort next year. As a lone runner with only 1 previous marathon I think I could learn a great deal from the wealth of knowledge available and maybe run smarter and improve on my 3:41 at 48.

Thanks to all involved with Chester marathon. Look forward to next year.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1,721 to 1,729 of 1,729 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.