Mens Health Survival of the fittest -Nottingham

5 messages
25/08/2010 at 11:07

hey guys I just wondered if anybody else was as stupid as I was and has been roped into doing the survival of the fittest in Nottingham . I scared myself by watching the video of the course again the other day and am now starting to think I may have bitten off more than I can chew . What training has anybody done , anyone done it before ??

Rachxxx

25/08/2010 at 16:11

Hi Rachel

I did this event last year - it was great - really enjoyable.

It's hard going but felt like being a big kid again playing on a 10km adventure playground.

I may do it again this year and include a lot more upper body training for some of the obstacles - currently I don't do any weights as I'm training for a marathon.

Good luck

07/09/2010 at 20:51

I'm doing it for the first time this year.

I went to the Survival Sunday training last weekend. I definitely need to do some upper body work, my shoulders are still aching now!

28/09/2010 at 16:07
Hey I too am doing it this year for the 1st time..........It is also my 1st 10k run! I have done alot of upper body training over the last few years anyway so ive been really focused on the running and can now manage 15k comfortably.

Best thing i could say is a park with a climbing frame. Run 2k then do some climbing frame work then another 2k then more climbing frame work. It really works you hard!

CANNOT WAIT!
04/10/2010 at 16:34
Hi guys - I'm doing the Nottingham run on Saturday - and getting the most nervous I ever haev been for a 10K. It's the wall that's so daunting - any tips for how to do it?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.