Meon Valley Plod 2012

The clues in the title

21 to 33 of 33 messages
11/02/2012 at 12:24

I haven't run for three weeks due to my ribs being crushed in a tackle. Fantastic tackle it was, I would love to have seen it from a distance. Being involved in it though wasn't so great!

Meaning for me tomorrow, it will be a Plod. Ribs are still sore so I have a better excuse than normal for walking up some of the hills.....

See you tomorrow folks, it'll be a Fun Run.

11/02/2012 at 16:34

The weather today has been glorious  Lets hope for more of the same tomorrow.

I have not done this for a couple of years so I am looking forward to a nice day out with all of you, have fun and enjoy the hills and mud (maybe)!

11/02/2012 at 20:13
Looks like it will be a tad warmer and cloudy tomorrow. Good luck to everyone running this event.
12/02/2012 at 16:12
Blimey that was tough. But what fun. Snow, ice, mud, hills, barbed wire and electric fences! Cresting Butser towards the end and then hammering down the other side was great. Final slog through the last section of mud less so! Thanks Alan, brilliant event, will be back next year.
12/02/2012 at 16:46
Boy, I knew I wasn' t ready. And did I find out how much. It was good fun though wasn't it. See you next year, hopefully injury free!
12/02/2012 at 21:27

What a brill race my hat of to Alan and the team, very well done. the course was  well maked, so well in fact that I have broke the curse of getting lost doing a trail races asI did not put a foot wrong.

Thank you so much

Not quite so much mud this year but stil lots of hills

Edited: 12/02/2012 at 21:30
13/02/2012 at 04:11

thanks for all your kind comments,   Always a pleasure to organise something for such a great bunch of runners.  The marshalsand helpers all commented how nice you were.

any comments positive or negative for our washup meeting  to http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.giflod@pjc.org.uk]mailto/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif  

we were pleased with the new venue and will be booking it again soon for next year.

hope your aches will soon go and enjoy your running.  

looking for another challenge ?   join a few of us Sat 14th Apil through the Brecons in South Wales  " Black Mountain Roundabout"  25m   6800' Ascent.  awesome scenery and  a great day out brilliantly organised by the Newport Outdoor Group. details here 

13/02/2012 at 04:13

one day i'll get the hang of this

any comments positive or negative for our washup meeting  to  /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif[/img]lod@pjc.org.uk]here

13/02/2012 at 04:19
pictures available here courtesy of Alan Dunk
13/02/2012 at 19:24
My first MVP and well did I pay for it today!!! Had a fab time and marshalls were encouraging and the cake that I heard about was lovely.
Cant explain the feeling reaching top of Butser knowing I was on my way for a first 21 miler in preparation for a marathon. A great race loved it,will I be back hmmm let me see when the pain goes :0) Seriously its a must fab views and fab day out

13/02/2012 at 22:27
Great race, great support from the marshals. thank you for standing in the cold so we could all have a great day running. the final hill up the north side of Butser Hill known as Grandfathers Bottom was a killer to already tired legs with the covering of ice not really helping. But the cake and sweets at the top help recharge them for the final 3 miles back into Clanfield. For my first long distance race it was a great event. Roll on next year..
14/02/2012 at 22:33

My first Meon Valley Plod, loved every step, Marshalls  did a fantastic job. I plan to be there next year!

16/02/2012 at 17:11
This was my first Meon Valley Plod and I loved every second of it. Everyone (runners, marshals and onlookers) were supportive. The terrain was so varied that the miles ticked by without really noticing. The cake, mars bars and sweets at the food stations were well received. I'll definately be back for more ice, snow, mud, hills and leg trashing conditions.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 33 of 33 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.