Mersey Tunnel 10K

21 to 40 of 472 messages
24/02/2010 at 08:47

Predominently flat course with one decline of just over 1 mile in the Tunnel and one slow incline out of the Tunnel at 0.9 mile. It's not a massice challenge.

LB is correct, it's not that bad!

Alan Rothwell

'runliverpool' initiative

LIVERBIRD    pirate
24/02/2010 at 13:21
Crikey - Alan agrees with me....
24/02/2010 at 13:56

When I ran this last year I was worried about the incline out of the tunnel, and as has been mentioned earlier I actually found it pretty easy.

The heat... that was the hard part! oh and remembering to say hello to LB at the end

LIVERBIRD    pirate
24/02/2010 at 13:58
Which bit was hard then? Remembering to say hello, or admitting you'd spotted me because I am WELL SCARY?
24/02/2010 at 14:06
Remembering to say hello because i didnt want to get a beating if i didnt heh
LIVERBIRD    pirate
24/02/2010 at 14:10
Everyone KNOWS I'm a pussycat...
28/02/2010 at 15:58
Hello all, did this 2 years ago as my first race after surgery so i want to come back again. did 56 mins that day now my pb is 46:27 so hopin i can break 45 on this course. have relatives in the area too so kill two birds in one go
28/02/2010 at 17:39
Excellent John it would be good if you could break your PB. My current PB is 56 mins which i set in last years tunnel 10k, i'm hoping to shave a couple of minutes off it this year myself.
28/02/2010 at 18:00
Hello, I have run most of the Liverpool races but this will be my first time through the tunnel this year.Looking forward to it and good luck to eveyone else.
01/03/2010 at 17:16

This is one race i have been trying to do but it has always clashed with some other event in my life.  However I think this year may be the one !!!!  You all sound like you've enjoyed it in past years and as I was lucky enough to cycle through it last year (Liverpool to Chester)  can't wait to join you......see you there guys and girls :0)

01/03/2010 at 20:46

Sorry folks - been neglecting this thread  a little - finished the decorating now

Can get back to my life !! 

Dave - the incline is nothing to worry about - the atmosphere in the tunnel is what it's all about - you see the incline and it looks a bit duanting but before you know it youre up and out - just be carefull not to stop for a pee as you emerge from the tunnel as people are on the bridge above you and might geta  shock  (not from experience last year you understand !)

Got my first run of 2010 in 3 weeks - Ironbridge half and can't wait to get back into the crowds - bit lonely running in the snow on your todd

02/03/2010 at 16:55

Numbers coming in now with just over 300 entries so far. Targetting 3,000 this year which will make it the biggest Tunnel 10K yet! Plenty of time with three months to go!

Alan

02/03/2010 at 19:06
Alan i'll be getting my entry in April I think if my finances run accordingly.
LIVERBIRD    pirate
02/03/2010 at 23:08

I might need a late entry.....

Pretty please Alan.

Love you lots and I'll give you a day off from slagging Everton

03/03/2010 at 08:42

JS - you can enter in person up to the day before at JJB in Williamson Square However, if you want your name and category printed on the new timing strip (not chip) then entries need to be in five weeks before race date. We need a week to manufacture and a week to make up packs then send out 2 - 3 weeks before race date, hence five weeks. Anyone entering after the five week date will have a blank strip Just another souvenir of the day.

LB, O.K. I like blondes!! apart from that lady boy who plays for...

Alan

03/03/2010 at 10:06

L/B & Alan - No footy talk please - and no fighting on the day ! Could proove entertaining though

I am really knuckling down on getting some miles in now - have done 13 miles this week and it's only Wednesday morning - that's the most ever for me - I am usually what they call a weekend warrior as time doesnt allow me to do evenings etc - I have 2 Daughters to look after plus a full time and then some job so time is tight -

I was amazed with myself last night - went to the Gym that I pay for and rarely go to and for the first time ever managed 8KM in a PB of 45 mins ! Really happy today

I have my first half coming up in less than 3 weeks so need to ramp it up big time - will be out later again

03/03/2010 at 12:52
Alan i'll probably get my application in the beginning of April. These timing strips are new aren't they? how to they work? we still attach them to our laces? also are we going to be using them on the HM end of March?
03/03/2010 at 15:23

I am not sure how these strips work either Alan - last year I got half way to the train station with my chip still attached - luckily some kind person pointed out they would charge me for this so I had to run back to hand it in !

LIVERBIRD    pirate
03/03/2010 at 17:03
Shrek ! wrote (see)

L/B & Alan - No footy talk please - and no fighting on the day ! Could proove entertaining though

I could take him out Shrek...... easy!

But I can't hit him in the face and spoil his boyish good looks

04/03/2010 at 09:25
Timing strips just form a loop and you attach to your shoe. No need to return you can keep as a souvenir of the day. If you have entered by the time we take delivery it will have your name and race category on. There's even a little diagram on it to help you! A bit like the instructions on an IKEA flatpack cabinet.

I'm putting a video link on the web site so you can see hoe easy it is!

Alan
21 to 40 of 472 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.