Mersey Tunnel 10K

61 to 80 of 472 messages
14/03/2010 at 11:15

Hi,

Can anyone help?  Coming from out of town, what is the best thing to do with regards to my partner dropping off / picking up? Parking etc?  Any help would br very appreciated

Thanks folks 

14/03/2010 at 17:36

Mark - Last year there was a free travel arrangment on the Liverpool "tube" which was a great idea for the runners - probarbly a bit smelly for any othe rpoor sods but hey ho !! They could either park in the City centre or my preference would be for them to be in New Brighton at the finnish - very nice place and lots to do as so many finnish lines are boring for spectators until they see their loved ones. I'm sure Alan will offer you some advise on this one being a local lad. I have about a 2 hour travel time to Liverpool so dont know it too well.

What a brilliant day to run today - not used to actually getting hot when running outside - only 2 weeks ago I was so cold my hands were frozen solid for hours after I returned from a 10 miler and now the sun is shining and the paths are full or runners and ..... Dogs .... Ahhh !!!

Went out to do 5 miles as I have a half next weekned and am tapering a little but ended up doing 8.5  miles - it was too nice I had to keep on going - plus I was following some nice young ladies - it always helps

14/03/2010 at 23:01
Just got my entry form in this
15/03/2010 at 22:19
Good decission Connor - you won't tegret it.     
16/03/2010 at 09:12
Mark - the start is in Pall Mall, city centre and the finish is in New Brighton. If your pick up doesn't know the area you may have trouble getting to the finish as you have to go through the tunnel by car!! You get free transportation back to the start courtesy of Mersey Rail.

Alan Rothwell

'runliverpool' initiative
16/03/2010 at 16:58

Shrek - I Can't wait already

16/03/2010 at 20:29
Alan how are entries for this going? I'll be applying next month come pay day. Dont want to miss out, people applying for this in bulk because they missed out on the half marathon.
JPenno    pirate
16/03/2010 at 20:37
AlanRothwell wrote (see)
Mark - the start is in Pall Mall, city centre and the finish is in New Brighton. If your pick up doesn't know the area you may have trouble getting to the finish as you have to go through the tunnel by car!! You get free transportation back to the start courtesy of Mersey Rail. Alan Rothwell 'runliverpool' initiative
I would actually do things in reverse and leave the car at the finish and get the train through to the start, no faffing around at the end waiting for trains etc
16/03/2010 at 20:39
I concur, plenty of free parking spaces in New Brighton.
17/03/2010 at 08:51
Just an alert on entries given the oversubscription for the Half Marathon. Entries will be limited to 3,000 and the closing date for entries (online or postal) will be Monday, 17th May OR BEFORE if the limit is reached.

We DON"T have an actual limit but we have to buy in medals, t shirts, water etc in advance so I'm sticking at 3,000 maximum. Currently on around the 800 mark.

Alan
17/03/2010 at 13:18
OK Alan i'll get my application in the beginning of April
17/03/2010 at 21:10

Thank you to all for your help and advice.

I have only been running for 4 months after 20+ years of smoking so can't wait.

18/03/2010 at 15:20
Well done Mark (I take it you're off the ciggys now).
20/03/2010 at 20:32

to everyone!!!!!

just got in from a 10k run,in training for next weeks lverpool half marathon.

had a really good one. hoping to do 2 hours 10

int running great!!!!!!!

20/03/2010 at 22:21

Good luck to everyone running over the weekend - the weather ain't great here and I've got my first half in Ironbridge on Sunday ! Typical Brittish weather - still putting that aside I can't wait for tomorrow.

Mark - good choice to get off the cancer sticks - apparantly they are going up to £7 a pack soon !!

Just think what else thta money could go towards - ......

21/03/2010 at 18:21

Evening everyone, ran my first half of 2010 this morning in Ironbridge / Telford - great race and got a PB ! Given the rain yesterday which turned most of the route into mud I hadn't really banked on a PB so I am very happy. Time 2hrs 20 mins which beat my previous time by 2 mins.

Not up to some of yours standards but I am a 16 stone fella and it was a very hilly route. Mile 7 to 11 was a serious incline and I have a lot of me to get up thise hills !!

Got home and my 2 lovely daughters and the misses had baked a chocolate cake for me - how sweet (I cried a bit !) Well when youre exhausted your emotions are all over the place  

Anyone else been out over the weekend ?

21/03/2010 at 18:35

I did 10 miles this morning round the Wirral Peninsula, baking hot sun. I've got sun burn on my face.

Well done Shrek good running

24/03/2010 at 12:38

Thanks Jay

Yout run sounds nice - we are land locked here so no sea but we do have the River Severn which is nice - something about seeing the sea - It's the start of Summer for me.

26/03/2010 at 20:24

Don't forget to put your clocks forward at 1 am Sunday morning

Summe rtime is here at last

27/03/2010 at 15:51
anyone else out there doing the livepool half tomorow ?
61 to 80 of 472 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.