Mersey Tunnel 10K

101 to 120 of 472 messages
12/04/2010 at 08:53

Runners can return to Liverpol free of charge on Merseyrail from New Brighton.

All event details are in the race pack you receive upon entering 

Alan Rothwell

12/04/2010 at 21:06

Last year I parked in Liverpool city centre - this year I may park in New Brighton and train to the start - Alan is it free to do it this way as well ?

Also - just an idea at the moment but I may bring the family & the tent along

Anyone know a good campsite in / near New Brighton ?

13/04/2010 at 09:16
Not aware of a campsite in New Brighton.
JPenno    pirate
13/04/2010 at 15:55
Shrek ! wrote (see)

Last year I parked in Liverpool city centre - this year I may park in New Brighton and train to the start - Alan is it free to do it this way as well ?

Also - just an idea at the moment but I may bring the family & the tent along

Anyone know a good campsite in / near New Brighton ?

Nearest good campsite to New Brighton would be outside Wrexham!!.

I wouldnt want to camp anywhere New Brighton

13/04/2010 at 18:35
Alan / Jpenno - thanks for that info. I think I will just drive as I did last year - I only live in Shrewsbury so not too far for a morning out but the camping was justa  thaught.
15/04/2010 at 21:14
Have now decided to travel up for the day in the car and go camping in mid Wales the following day - hope the weather is good. First time camping since I was about 10 !!
18/04/2010 at 19:54

Camping!  You would never catch me in a tent..... Hang on a sec 12 months ago I stated that you would never catch me entering a running event!!!!  Any information on the best place to buy a tent then?

20/04/2010 at 12:08

going to enter this one looks like a goog race!!!

20/04/2010 at 12:26
It is! but I would say that...

Alan
20/04/2010 at 12:39

Robert it is a very good race, definitely one you should try at least once.

20/04/2010 at 12:41
RG - I'd say it too, except I'd say it's a good race.
20/04/2010 at 14:54
can i sign up on the day like many did last year?
LIVERBIRD    pirate
20/04/2010 at 16:20
I don't recall people signing up on the day at any runliverpool event.....
20/04/2010 at 20:39
Chris Hagan wrote (see)

Camping!  You would never catch me in a tent..... Hang on a sec 12 months ago I stated that you would never catch me entering a running event!!!!  Any information on the best place to buy a tent then?

Yes Chris - we went to Go Outdoors in Wolverhampton late summer to grab a bargain - last years model with 75% off !! weve only had it up once in the back garden to date so should be fun.

Robert - I agree - this is a superb race & one I am looking forward to but 2old - not sure if you are able to enter on the day - Alan will advise you best on this one but like LB I can't recall seeing people last year entering on the day - to be sure I would enter on line

JPenno    pirate
20/04/2010 at 20:43
LIVERBIRD wrote (see)
I don't recall people signing up on the day at any runliverpool event.....
LB - in the past when the Liverpool events were not full you could sign up on the day IF there were spaces, usually for the 10k run in October
21/04/2010 at 08:35
Officially NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY! They are only available IF we have timing chips / numbers available and this can't be guaranteed in advance. There is plenty of time to enter now.

Alan
21/04/2010 at 09:39

Getting excited about May now. I have 3 races in the month !

Haughmond Handicap on 3rd - 9 mile local race

Muller 10k on 9th - Loads of freebies I hope !

And

Saving the best to last - Mersey 10K on 31st - I would foloow Alans advise & book a plave on line to guarantee entry - also Alan - are there going to be more toilets this year ? Had to que for ages last year & gave up in the end and went in the tunnel

21/04/2010 at 09:44
Shrek - as witnessed at the Brighton Marathon last Sunday, you can never have enough toilets! If you had a wee in the Tunnel (!!) you would have had an audience on CCTV!!!!
21/04/2010 at 15:33

Ok Alan dont shout I will apply ,should be ok after London by then.

I drove through the tunnel earlier in the week and measured the hill up on my speedo and it was at least 0.8 of a mile.......seemed shorter when running it and it was cool in  there unlike the run along the never ending prom last year.

LIVERBIRD    pirate
21/04/2010 at 20:34

It won't be cool if Shrek is piddling in it!

Can't sign up until I can get my hip to settle down. Bursitis is a proper pain in the bum. Anyone know a good fizz?

101 to 120 of 472 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.