Milan Marathon

21 to 30 of 30 messages
27/02/2012 at 13:07

Emerson - How's your training going? All set for Milan? What time are you expecting? Did you book that Regina hotel? We actually ended up booking Hotel Ariston. Thought we had booked Regina but they went with Ariston instead. Nothing great but it's central.

Marathon Molly - Thanks for sharing your experience! Has made me a little less excited about Milan but i'm sure it will be fine! Doing Berlin too so if I find Milan boring, I can look forward to Berlin.

05/04/2012 at 12:48

Hi Harvi,

Training : same as always.... shouldnt drink so much booze , should have trained more, shouldnt eat so much cr*p.... the ususal !! Aiming for 3.30-3.45 fingers crossed. What about yourself, things ok ?!

Yep, booked the Regina hotel, it's really close to the finish and looked ok.

I must admit, a few people Ive spoken to have said it's pretty boring but I suppose we get spoilt with our ones over here in the UK. They all cant be as good as London/Edinburgh/Brighton etc. Still, nice to do something different though.

If anyone fancies comparing notes afterwards and meeting up for a drink or 2 let me know and I'll email my mobile number across.

Run well everyone - keep the dream alive.  !!!!!

Emerson

05/04/2012 at 16:12

Harvi & Emerson - I really hope you enjoy it and I'm sorry if I've dampened your enthusiasm. If it's any help, I did Rome last month and it was pretty duff. They've changed the route and it's full of cobbles.

Best of luck guys!!!

08/04/2012 at 11:31

Hi Emerson, Gutted never booked Regina now! I'm definitely up for meeting for a drink afterwards. I'm getting there Friday around 5pm and planning to collect my bib Sat morning. Leaving Monday afternoon. What about you?

If you can do 3:30 - 3:45 on eating junk and drinking booze, respect to you! I'm aiming for just under 4. Training's been going well but just been unbelievably tired past few days.

London and Brighton have amazing atmosphere but do like races that are less crowded and you can just run your own pace. Not too bothered about bordeom now. Do my long runs myself so will be ok!

Email me your number. We'll get in touch there for some drinks. 7 days to go!!

Marathon Molly - Thanks! And that's fine. It's best to be prepared, know not to expect it to be like London. Shame you never enjoyed Rome. You do alot of marathons!! All the best for next one.

Have a great race everyone doing Milan and see you there

27/09/2012 at 10:32

Sorry to hijack this thread, couldn't see one for 2013. I've decided to enter this, got the flights booked and the hotel with bargains on both, just going through the entry page. Has anybody used enternow.it before for this? It just looks a bit...patchy! It's not a secure server and it's asking for my promotional code, which must be 16 digits. But it's not asking for any other info if it wants my credit card. Is this really right and where I enter my credit card details? I'm used to having to say expiry date, type of card etc.

First marathon and first race abroad so a bit nervous about these bits!

14/03/2013 at 17:43

Also sorry to hijack this thread.

Do we definitely need to post a medical form prior to the bib collection or can I just bring it with me when I go to collect my bib number?

01/04/2013 at 16:47

Hi Mike, Dean, All,

I am also using this thread as there doesn't seem to be one for 2013. I was wondering if you are heading out for the Milan Marathon this weekend?

Also, did you find an answer on when / how to send the Health Form. It is a bit of a curve ball thrown in to the entry!!

I'm heading out on Saturday morning! Any ideas on where the good pasta parties are?

04/04/2013 at 10:19

Hi Dushen,

I emailed the marathon folks and they told me that you're fine to bring along a copy of your completed health certificate on the day along with your confirmation letter!

Heading out to Milan tomorrow morning!

04/04/2013 at 11:24

Hi Mike,

Hopefully catch up for a drink if you staying near the finish. Drop me an email if are.

Regards,

Dushen

10/04/2013 at 06:47
Milan 2013 was my first marathon. When researching options for a March/April race I'd read a few slightly negative comments on Milan in particularly. I found these completely unfounded or perhaps it was just that the Organizers had completely up their game.
The course was well serviced with refreshment stations, more than the usual 5km interval, crowds were encouraging, administration staff fantastic and finish well organized. This year Milan city centre became "traffic free" with police doing a great job. The metro allowed my support team (aka husband) to cheer me on at various points throughout the day which was a huge plus.
We had booked into Una Cusani which was only a block from the finish allowing me to limp back immediately after. Next door was the wonderful Brera district (fab food) - all in all a wonderful long weekend away!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 30 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.