Milland Valley Trail Race 21K

Sunday 7th August

81 to 95 of 95 messages
06/08/2006 at 20:03
Just wanted to add my thanks to the organisers - no complaints at all. From arrivng in the area (came from Camberley) - it was well signposted, car park was organised, marshalls, waterstops etc etc were all perfect. I race at least twice a month and this event was right up there with the best of them.
Thanks and Well Done.

07/08/2006 at 08:13
Thanks to all the runners , helpers , marshals , officals etc. The day went very well again . Hot but dry . The event is one of the most friendliest around which makes it a pleasure to organise if you discount the hard work and stress (which is always unwarrented).
Any thoughts about any aspect of the race please let me know . Otherwise it's a bit of the same next year 1st Sun. of Aug.
The 6 mile race may be discontinued to make the organising a lot easier and stop runners clashing on the route . What do all the rest think?
Thanks again.
Tom,
Race Director - Milland Valley Trail Race.
07/08/2006 at 08:28
No complaints from me as well. And I second all Stuart's comments. Great job by the organisers and marshalls.
Everyone friendly and helpful, including all runners who let others overtake on the single lane hills.

Great race again, managed to beat my time from 2 year ago by about 4 minutes even with a 3-4 minute stop at the penultimate water station with cramp. Note to self - must reduce alcohol intake the day before.
07/08/2006 at 08:33
first time and my only disapointment was not feeling well enough to run the 21k so I ran the 10k instead .will definately being running the half next year though! This makes one of my all time favourites.Well done Tom and marshalls etc brilliant signposting and very well organised .??Did the races clash much,didnt notice it myself.
07/08/2006 at 13:05
My first trail and I thought it was a great event, I really enjoyed myself, loved the scenrey and even the hills and the frienliness. If 20% is accurate I should be on for a half PB this weekend, I'd certainly say a minute per mile extra so all looking good. Convenient for me that it falls on a family birthday, doesn't make it seem such a long trip from Nottingham! I'll certainly be back next year. I didn't notice the 10k runners much, though I did try and pick off each female runner and not knowing which ones were in each race made that a little difficult - so just ended up going for it anyway.
07/08/2006 at 13:22
My fourth milland race 2 10 k and 2 21k Can never expect a good running time. However it is certainly one of the best if not the best run I ever take part in. Dont know what the conjestion was at the steps when we all stopped before going up there.perhaps an injury but everyone was friendly and very patient. Forget the time, just have fun and take in the scenery. I was nearly last but never mind I managed to complete it. Thanks for all the help and water not to mention the encouragement along route. Be back next year.
07/08/2006 at 15:22
Just a quick question, my husband ran the 6m yesterday and his GPS recorded 5.7m - anyone else get that or was it just himn???

I ran the 21km route which was fantastic although I finished 10 mins down on last years time which I was gutted about!

Thanks to the organisers, this race is up there with the best :-)
07/08/2006 at 17:39
Just thought I'd comment on Yeah I Know's question about comparing this to the Surrey Slog.

Overall, I would say very similar in terms of difficulty and time to complete. The slog is almost all either uphill or downhill, no flat sections whereas this has some more level terrain but some shorter and steeper hills. Slog is also all off road and paths are quite sandy in places.

Although difficult to compare conditions/weather/fitness, best Slog was last year in 1:42 and this about 1:43 running time yesterday. Compares to best road half of 1:29 (so for me about 15% longer).
07/08/2006 at 18:15
yes parrot mine registered shorter too (5.2m cough cough)so it maybe a bit short .IT did bleep at me through a lot of the areas covered with trees in the first few miles so whether it didn't register or maybe the hills altered the distance.I don't know but I don't mind myself really as I enjoyed it too much.
08/08/2006 at 17:33
thanks just seen results on web very slow but finished so i feel great achievement. Thanks again who cares about mixed showers when you are that dirty sweaty and ran for nearly 2 and a half hours. gosh people run a full marathon in that.
thanks again see you next year. 10k is just has hard so may as well do the whole thing.Thanks Yvonne from Liss for directing me. You had the better option i am sure.
10/08/2006 at 20:50
Great event, very well organised - thanks to the organisers, especially for the frequent water stations. You have no idea how welcome the last one was, I thought I'd had my last water at the one before last & it was like an oasis in the desert - almost (but not quite) better than beer!
31/08/2006 at 21:54
Enjoyed race up to the last down hill and fell, broke my arm falling down but still finshed race to get my medal. Will be there next year without my road trainers.
Very well organised & plenty of water stations all very friendly people. Thankyou
01/09/2006 at 12:51
Ow!!! Hope you are OK now :-o
01/09/2006 at 14:48
Not back running yet maybe another 3 weeks as still have arm in a sling, cant wait to start running again really wanted to run the clarendon half, looks as if i'll have to give it a miss.
01/09/2006 at 15:51
Well I hope you mend real soon, must be very annoying!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 95 of 95 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.