Mizuno Trafford 10K

Who's in ??

21 to 36 of 36 messages
15/03/2009 at 12:22

Just got home and having a nice brew, thoroughly enjoyed the day,although I ran harder and quicker then I planned to, my Garmin was beeping at me to 'slow down' all the way around as I was running quicker then my predicted time, but ignoring my Garmin got me home in 45 Min's 37 seconds which is a massive 4 minutes of my previous PB so I can't complain.

The weather was perfect, a little to warm for some but I enjoy running in the sunny weather.

Well done RR Bob in your time !! Hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did.

15/03/2009 at 12:34
Pleased with that one , the start was rough and boisterous and I saw one runner down just after the start . I assume he fell hope no one fell over him .
Great morning out though I wasnt sightseeing that much , a nice new pb of 40:42 had thought I may have sneaked under 40 ! I saw quite a few stopped with I presume injuries , dont like seeing it
15/03/2009 at 12:42

Wow Xan, 4 minutes off your PB - ignoring the Garmin pays

Ultra Dunc, well done on PB - sub 40 next time

15/03/2009 at 16:30

<!--[if !mso]> <style> v\ {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\ {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\ {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <wnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><div classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui> <style> st1\{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} p {mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0cm; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0cm; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:45.35pt 45.35pt 45.35pt 45.35pt; mso-header-margin:35.45pt; mso-footer-margin:35.45pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {pageection1;} --> <!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->Thought I'd have no-one to chat to (entered on my own!)... Really friendly event, talked to random people before, during and after the event!<!--[if gte vml 1]><vhape id="_x0000_i1029" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:14.25pt;height:14.25pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\Users\cris\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image002.gif" o:href="http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif"/> </vhape><![endif]--><!--[endif]-->

Thought I'd be the very last in... Surprised my self and did it under 60mins, and loads of encouragement from locals and the better runners cheering us newbies on!

A BIG thank you to all those who organised this event, this is one event to set standards by; ran like clockwork and was a brilliant day!

15/03/2009 at 16:32

Don't know why my previous msg came up like that!

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <wnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} p {mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0cm; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0cm; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:45.35pt 45.35pt 45.35pt 45.35pt; mso-header-margin:35.45pt; mso-footer-margin:35.45pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {pageection1;} --> <!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->Thought I'd have no-one to chat to (entered on my own!)... Really friendly event, talked to random people before, during and after the event!

Thought I'd be the very last in... Surprised my self and did it under 60mins, and loads of encouragement from locals and the better runners cheering us newbies on!

A BIG thank you to all those who organised this event, this is one event to set standards by; ran like clockwork and was a brilliant day... Very inspiring! Will be entering another 10k in the very near future!

15/03/2009 at 16:33

ok, give up trying to post! why it's coming up with a load of random text is beyound me?!

Basically, I enjoyed it.    

16/03/2009 at 10:15

Crikey Cristal don't know what happened to your posts but glad you enjoyed it! Well done on coming in under 60 mins - a real achievement

I've now entered the Salford 10k and the Bolton 10k, both next month, as well as the GMR in May.

Happy running 

16/03/2009 at 10:29

Morning RR Rob,

I'm also doing the Bolton 10k and GMR, I have done them both for the last two years, two totally different events, have you done either of them before?

16/03/2009 at 10:52

Morning Xan.

The GMR was my very first race last year, it's where I got the race bug   I had no idea there were lots of smaller races around, but I enjoy those just as much!  Not done Bolton, so look forward to it!

16/03/2009 at 11:00
Bolton is a great day out, just beware the hill at 6K !!
16/03/2009 at 11:39
Just to let you know the photo's and a couple of video's are online here :-  Click me
Edited: 16/03/2009 at 12:47
16/03/2009 at 23:23

Great day.  Not as fast as I wanted, but still got a PB.  Can't complain though as rather foolishly I ran with the start of a chest infection, so lucky to get round at all! 

Xan, thanks for the links to the photos, mind you I look terrible!

RR Rob,  I've done the Bolton 10K twice before and am doing it again this year, suppose it's my local run.  It's a good friendly, low key race like Trafford, but scenery not as good, and a bit more hilly!  There is a fair hill at 6K but not too bad, attack it and its soon over!  Done GMR twice before, great atmosphere and event, but got really frustrated with the crowds last time.

I noticed you said you'd be back in September.  Is Trafford held twice a year then?  Hope so, as would be nice to run it without the additional bacteria I had yesterday!

17/03/2009 at 09:29
Results are up.    Trafford 10K Results
17/03/2009 at 09:53

Scuba Runner, yes they do it twice a year - it's kind of nice to have two cracks at the same course beginning and end of season!

As for the Bolton one, I can handle hills at 6k (note to self to start doing some hill work though!) - I did the Moonraker 10k in Middleton last year and that had a steep hill after 1k which rather did me in, although it was on one of the very hottest days of the year as well - blistering heat and hills - ouch!

18/03/2009 at 22:44
Cheers RRR, I'll be back in September.
20/03/2009 at 21:00
perfect morning for running.well organised run.really enjoyed this run.would liked to have done it quicker but seemed to have grown a massive beer belly in recent weeks

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 36 of 36 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.