Moscow Marathon

Moscow Peace Marathon

8 messages
26/05/2006 at 12:03
I am thinking of doing the Moscow Peace Marathon on September 10th this year. Is anyone else out there entered?
I have been on the website and registered but have heard nothing back, not even an e-mail. I wondered if anyone knew how the system of entering works?!
28/05/2006 at 17:38
I thought i'd boing myself up!
If anyone has done this or is planning to do this this year it would be great to hear about it.
21/08/2006 at 14:32
Bit late - but yes I am signed up to do this

Am in Moscow for all of Aug and Sept 2006 so thought it would be rude not to

As for how the system works....I also pre-registered, but the only way to actually get a place is to physically go down to the registration in the two or three days before the race.....you should be able to email fond@marafon.msk.ru for advice - this is what I received....

The registration will be held during 3 days: 8-9 of September from 7 till 10 a.m., on the 10th from 10 a.m. till 19 p.m.
The place of registration will be in a tent city just opposite the building of destroying hotel “Russia” on the Moskvoretskaya bank near stone fence of the Moscow-river.
You can get to the place by the metro: stations “Kitay-gorod”, “Ohotniy rad”, “Ploshad revolutsii”. Then on foot you go to Moscvoretskaya bank.
For registration passport is necessary.
During registration you will be given beast number of participant, chip for automatic fixation of your result, T-shirt with marathon logotype, invitation for the dinner party “Pasta-show” and other materials.
See you in Moscow,
Boris Fadeev, general director.

Hope this helps
23/08/2006 at 08:39
Left it a bit late for this year but this is a must for next year. Moscow is my favourte city with so much history and so much to see. You can't miss the hotel "Russia" just walk through Red Sq, past St Basil's and it's just on the opposite side of the road. Good luck to all those taking part.
23/08/2006 at 08:53
Will see how this year goes before deciding on next year....btw....Hotel Russia is currently a massive building site.....they have knocked it down and are building a new luxury hotel plus apartments
23/08/2006 at 09:39
I stayed at the hotel a few years back, they claimed at the time it was was the largest hotel in the world. I also stayed at the Hotel Moskva on other side of Red Square. Is Lennin's mausoleum still open?
11/09/2006 at 06:45
Well...it's the day after and I am aching as usual....reasonably happy with a four hour 25 time despite fading badly at the end....the website promised gatorade so I assumed (incorrectly) that there would be some....as it was...running a marathon with nothing but water (or salted bread - ugh!) is not ideal....managed to get to 20 miles before hitting the wall....then hit it hard.

The race itself was ok, three loops (one 10k, two of ten miles)along the Moscow river.....quite scenic.....St Basils Cathedral.....The Kremlin.....Gorky Park....Peter the Great Monument....etc etc...unfortunately the weather did not play ball.....cold.....drizzle.....and windy....very windy in places made it feel like you were being pushed backwards.

All in all....glad I did it....but also glad I didn't specifically travel here to do it though.

Oh yes...one last thing....glad I had a running watch....the km markers were pathetic....the first one I saw was at 40KM!!!!
17/12/2009 at 11:51

how easy is it to get visas to do this?

Thanks 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.