Mud Running

8 messages
23/01/2013 at 22:00

I feel very inspired to do a mud run! sounds like alot of fun and very adventurous! But, the problem is, I can't seem to find many events for this year, well, not any near Portsmouth that are realistically priced to enter! Has anyone got any good suggestions or know of any?

23/01/2013 at 22:09

Check out the Brutal 10 series, think the next one is in Feb.  Usually plenty of mud and not that far from Portmouth - up the A3

23/01/2013 at 22:39

Thank-you! Looks reasonably priced and quite close!

29/01/2013 at 09:37
Theres a lot close to you towards the end of the year Rachel. Hell Down South at Longmoor in November, Turbo X at Bordon in December, The Grim Challenge at Aldershot, and as rightly pointed out the Brutal series. They all have something slightly different to offer. Turbo was probably the one i found the toughest of them all. Brutal is probably a good place to start as a 10k, the others are a little longer !
cougie    pirate
29/01/2013 at 10:07
Or just run across any playing field. All the mud you want and its free !
29/01/2013 at 11:19

Same thought process as Cougie ... choose any car park in the New Forest and head off-path .... (actually most paths should be muddy enough)

10/02/2013 at 20:52
I'm looking for mud runs near Gloucester, anyone know of any?
11/02/2013 at 10:25

Debbie - you just missed the Dursley Dozen, (or maybe you're looking for more as you enjoyed it so much)

The Sodbury Slog is a classic... Chepstow Harrier's Tintern Trot and Offas Orror near Chepstow can be muddy, and the Riverbank Rollick in Thornbury has mud potential too.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.