Muddy run

8 messages
09/04/2012 at 11:00

Hi there

Can anyone recommend a good muddy run in the south of England in the next 2 - 4 months?  Want something a little different to road running to train for!

Thanks - Jon

09/04/2012 at 12:32

I'd suggest using the RW Events search thingy for XCountry or multi-terrain runs as a starting point. There are some entertaining looking races coming up.

It's difficult to see that any event, especially in the (so called) summer months, is going to be muddy unless we get some serious rain  soon

05/07/2012 at 21:04

Mucky Races in Essex is extremly muddy.

06/07/2012 at 15:18

Hellrunner south in november???

06/10/2012 at 16:09

Ive just heard about a new company set up in and around the south east called Insane Terrain Running. Don't know much about it yet because they seem completely brand new but definately worth checking out! Looks very interesting! I think there website is www.insaneterrainrunning.com but if not, just search google for them! I will definately be entering! 

06/10/2012 at 16:14

There's the Taqdley Xmas X-Country event.

Muddy and a couple of stream crossings too!  I've done it a few times - great fun!

06/10/2012 at 16:15

I meant to say "Tadley"

07/10/2012 at 00:29

There's the Brutal Runs, I've not done one yet but some of my club mates have and they loved them, plenty of mud and hills too held on army training land.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.