New 10 miler in South Wales

Llanelli - Feb 2012

8 messages
31/08/2011 at 21:00

Just noticed this today a new 10 miler on the Great Welsh Marathon / Llanelli HM / 10k course.

Ideally placed in Feb for the Llanelli HM.

Only thing is Feb can be pretty bleak on the Coastal Path so fingers crossed for good weather!

Details HERE

seren nos    pirate
01/09/2011 at 18:27

sounds good.........great coast there.......and lovely and flat.......my 1/2 and full marathon PB's are there

01/09/2011 at 19:22
Hope it's well supported and becomes a regular as it's only a few hundred yards from my house
02/09/2011 at 08:26
I'll have a look at this one over weekend. Nice and local.
06/09/2011 at 21:29

Be honest with you id rather do a 10 mile training run all that money for just a medal.......NO THANKS......

07/09/2011 at 19:49
Gillgonzo wrote (see)

Be honest with you id rather do a 10 mile training run all that money for just a medal.......NO THANKS......

Fair point, put if you are short of race experience it gives you a chance to go through the race day prep / pacing etc.
11/02/2012 at 20:40

£12 is not much given all the organisation and prep that has to go into a new race, especially considering entry in to the great south run this year is £40, isn't that just 10 miles with a medal at the end as well?

I know the cost of events is going up but £40 is extortionate for a 10 mile race, £12 is far more reasonable.

and as Kev said, it's good race practice. It will have to be, there won't be any medals as the organisers have chosen tee shirts as a memento instead! (big mistake organisers!!!)

11/02/2012 at 22:25

After todays X C fancy having a go at this. Did an 8 miler a couple of weeks back (Lliswerry), be nice to see if I can sustain that pace for another 2 miles. Still accepting entries it seems, except this machine locks up when I try the online entry.

Oh and I'd pick a T shirt anyday over a useless medal. Good decision organisers.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.