New Forest Marathon

21 to 26 of 26 messages
09/09/2002 at 07:58
Whizzy - Aren't you Lordshill lot really fast?!

09/09/2002 at 08:48
Some of them are - mainly the men - not me I'm afraid

(not so )Whizzy
09/09/2002 at 08:55
Perhaps I won't be alone at the back then in a fortnight!!

As I rode in to work this morning I saw that the mile numbers have been repainted on the road in nice bright white and the advance warning notices are up for the motorists. Now I'm starting to feel nervous!

I ran the first bit of the course on Saturday, but turning onto the heath just as the road starts to go up Wilverley hill.....oh dear! I hope I go faster on the day than I was going then! I shouldn't really have gone that way but I had to deliver something and it was the best route.
09/09/2002 at 11:15
I drove the last section of the marathon course on Sunday, I wish I hadn't now! Its not too bad, nothing too steep or too long but a lot of uphill sections which by that stage I will really feel. The last mile and a bit is all flat or slightly down hill so there is something to look forward to:-)
11/09/2002 at 11:46
Hi Whizzy

My number for the NF half marathon is 1095. What's yours?

Katie
12/09/2002 at 08:49
Katie

2058 - see you there.

Whizzy

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.