new marathon runner

chances of entry

7 messages
15/10/2002 at 22:43
have u got absolutely no chance if u apply to london as someone who has never applied b4 and is not a club runner ?
Basically im looking forward to a fleece arent i ?
mike
16/10/2002 at 11:41
I wouldn't say absolutely no chance but pretty slim. If you can raise the cash there are always guaranteed charity places. I got in the second year of trying.
Bren
16/10/2002 at 11:46
Aha!!! Bren! Doing Brighton 10k???

16/10/2002 at 12:04
You're chances are pretty much the same as everyone else I should think. I was in the same situation as you last year and managed to get a place along with 3 of my friends, so it is pretty much a cross your fingers and wait...
17/10/2002 at 09:47
Hi Jon

Not Brighton - on for Blenheim this weekend. I think the next after that will be the Bedford Half in December. Fancy breaking that PB?
cheers
Bren
17/10/2002 at 15:10
You have three chances of getting in:
in the ballot
through a charity
through your Club (if you are a membmer of one)
18/10/2002 at 16:43
Ditto to what Dangly Spice said above - wait and see if you get through in the ballot, if not try and apply for a charity place.

My guide to entering the London Marathon.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.