New Ware 10

Any else?

41 to 49 of 49 messages
11/10/2009 at 22:31

Well i made it, took me 1hr 46mins, but i got round and that is good enough for me. Did not enjoy that hill up and over the A10 on the 2nd lap though i must admit!

But an excellently organised run, i could have done with another drinks stop though, (but maybe that was just me?!) Thanks though Ware Joggers, if the legs are still up for it after the London Marathon, i may be back next year.

12/10/2009 at 07:06

thanks to all the organisers, really impressed with the marshalling and all the encouragement they gave,  this was my first race yesterday and my first ever attempt at 10 miles so i am pleased with my time of 1hour 20min and it has spurred me on to do more. the hills were fine but i struggled with running on the grass around the meads and common, very energy sapping, give me tarmac and asphalt any day!!

thanks again and will definatly be part of this event next year, great charity!  

12/10/2009 at 08:37

Very nice run, marshalls were very good.  I shall be back next year

12/10/2009 at 10:43

Glad you all enjoyed it

I was at the top of the hill forgot to put Fetch top on over the Marshalls vest

Next year you'll be sure to come down the Vine for a celebrational drink  

The Trickster    pirate
12/10/2009 at 13:08

I managed to haul myself round in a PW of 1.35-something. The last few weeks of intermittant training (work getting in the way) put paid to any thoughts of a sub-90.

I actually liked the bits on the grass around the meads - was a well thought out course, avoiding the popular cycle way as much as possible.

It was good to get a few shouts of 'Go Pirate'.

Great organisation and superb marshalling. Loved the attention to details with the tree roots being painted white on the path up to the hill over the A10.

Would have preferred a water station at 5 miles as well as at (approx) 2.5 and 7.5.

All in all I reckon I'll be back next year, top work organisers.

12/10/2009 at 13:33
That was me Pirate A ha
11/10/2010 at 13:32
I hope that you are all signed up for the 2010 race which is next week on Sunday 17th Oct, don't worry if you have not entered yet as you can enter on the day.
11/10/2010 at 13:53
Sorry can't  Les doing a Marathon
18/10/2010 at 11:49
Second year I have done this race and really enjoyable - well organised and a good mixed route. A big thank you to all the friendly marshalls. Especially good not having to run twice round the pitch at the end! Another water station would have been appreciated.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 49 of 49 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.