New York Marathon 2013

8 messages
23/04/2013 at 23:02

Sorry to start a new thread - I couldn't find one about the New York marathon anywhere....

Has anyone signed up to do the New York marathon through the travel partners to get a guaranteed place?  Has anyone done it before - are they any good?

Thanks!

25/04/2013 at 07:32

Hi Ding02

I've heard good things about the travel partners but can't say anything else as never used them.

I got an auto qualify for this year!

25/04/2013 at 08:48
I am in using Sports Tours International, oganised by Operation Florian, the charity I am running for. I have had a few conversations with them and it's been easy to sort.
25/04/2013 at 19:28
How much?
26/04/2013 at 07:16

I'm thinking about Sports Tours International even though I have a place via the ballot.  I've never been to NY before and am very anxious about getting to the start and I think they sort all this kind of stuff out for you.

26/04/2013 at 14:23

Well - I decided to go ahead and try it, so i`ve booked a place with sports international.  I looked through all their terms and it looks fine.  So now i`m just excited about actually being there .  Sounds like a super early start though - buses to the start line at 6am!!!

26/04/2013 at 14:37

Hi, I booked flight and entry with Sports Tours in 2010 as I didn't get a place in the ballot.  It was literally just flight and entry - but it all worked.

Susan - I think if you have a place in the ballot that includes the bus to the start, from various pick-up points in (and possibly around) Manhattan.  If you are looking for accommodation as well as flights then it's probably worth checking the operators out; if its just a flight you need then you're probably just as well booking your own - cheaper and more flexibility around when you travel.

Enjoy!

01/05/2013 at 22:06

Hi spam, 

Good to hear that you`ve used them before and all was OK.  

Susan - agree with Spam - I think everyone who has a place gets free transport to the start.  The website says something about registering for that in June.  

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.