New York Marathon.... is there a thread?!

4 messages
18/02/2008 at 18:53

Is there already an 'official' NY marathon thread out there?? If so, I can't find it! Can someone point me in the right direction....

....or join me here and lets start one!

JPenno    pirate
18/02/2008 at 22:14

There is one somewhere, someone wanted to know when ballot places open which is 25 feb

http://www.nycmarathon.org/home/index.php

I will enter the ballot, I am not willing to pay exorbitant charity pledges, if i dont get in this year I intend to put in some real training after this summers tri season and target a qualifying time of 1hr 30 for a half which should be achievable, i will go below 1hr40 this year while undertaking tri training, with specific run focus and loss of a stone i will be able to get to 1hr 30 within next 15 months. 

JPenno    pirate
18/02/2008 at 22:25
25/02/2008 at 22:04

Thanks JP! I figured there must be another thread out there somwehere.

I'm a 1:44 half runner - so can't quite see myself making the 1.37 mark - this year.... but maybe in time?

Think I'm probably going to travel out with 2:09 events. Not sure I want to wait until ballot results to find out if I am in or not!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.