Nike 10k roll call

Let's 'ave your numbers then....

1 to 20 of 51 messages
13/09/2002 at 21:52
So who's doing this next week then? There's only four signed up on the website (myself, Jason L, spans and Bizeemum), but I'm sure there's more than that doing it.

I'm number 1094. Target is sub 45, although given it's a bit hilly and going to be rather crowded, that may not be happening.

Given that we can't wear our forum vests, we need another way of recognising each other. How about artistically cutting the left sleeve off the "beautiful" yellow t-shirts?

venom
14/09/2002 at 00:10
Venom,
add me to the list - I'll be there. I don't know my race number yet -I'm signed up via a school team.

I'm doing the Windsor half Marathon the following weekrnd so I'm not planning to go flat out. If I get the chance I'll run at my target Half pace.

Hope to see you there - you can't miss me - shiny head, yellow vest
15/09/2002 at 01:27
Boing!

Come on guys! Or am I running this one on my own?
15/09/2002 at 08:37
Hey Venom, My number is 22034. I'm new at running (4 weeks experience)and have been taking part in the Nike training sessions twice a week at Regents Park and running on my own at the weekend. My time for the 8k training runs was 44 mins so I am hoping to get a time under 60 mins.

Good luck and have a good one.

Sammy :0)

16/09/2002 at 14:37
OK, my number is 09340, and I'm hoping to get round in about an hour. I'd love to go round with some others if possible..... I will be wearing a pale blue baseball cap with "Life is Good" on the front!

Wishing everyone good luck and the time you are each hoping for.

Happy Shambling!
16/09/2002 at 15:33
Can't remember my number but I am running on Sunday. I shall be wearing a green Macmillan baseball cap. Not a particularly fast runner but enthusiastic and looking forward to it and am hoping to do it in 1.15 - in fact, I shall be happy to get round!!! Good Luck all of you and if you do happen to see a sagging bunny hobbling around in desparate need of moral support - don't be shy!!!!!!!!
16/09/2002 at 16:35
I'm collecting my race pack this evening so will let you know tomorrow... aiming to do 45mins but have a stinking cold so will be happy to get round!!
16/09/2002 at 16:41
Hi, my number is 12665 and Im hoping to get round in an hour ish.

Im not going to be wearing any cap or anything, the yellow t-shirt is bad enough, but Ill write a list of numbers on my hand and see if I spot anyone...

good luck on Sunday, it should be an event to remember...never been somewhere with 20,000 people all wearing the same t-shirt...
16/09/2002 at 17:07
Hmm, must say, that yellow would have looked much better with a tan!!! Anyway, coupled with a bright green cap, I can at least be assured of a sickly palor before I even start the race!!! Should be good fun and I am sooooooooooo looking forward to my first 10k. Shall advise of race number tomorrow. Doing two final runs this week from NikeTown - Tuesdays are normal but an extra 5k run on Thursday 19th Sept has been organised. Anyway, am downing tools now. Adios Amigos and Hasta Manana ....
16/09/2002 at 20:40
Hi ya sparkle.

I am also running with Nike Town tomorrow and Thursday to do a 5K. Say Hi to me if you see me around. I am a black female, approx 5ft 5 tall and I will be wearing my blue lycra bottoms and blue sleevless top and a blue bandana holding one of those "0" shape water bottles.
17/09/2002 at 09:30
Morning Sammy - I too am roughly 5ft 5in (on a good day!) will be wearing a green nike top, black shorts and dodgy ponytail and also accessorising with an "O" shape bottle! Shall look out for you. I also answer to Bel! See you there.
17/09/2002 at 09:54
Me again folks. Unearthed my number for Sunday 17974 so keep your eyes peeled! OOOHH the egg-citment is setting in.
17/09/2002 at 09:59
I will be there on Sunday don't know my number but will look out for all the above caps and numbers

Good luck to all ..........hope to be able to see some of you as I am running on my own.

I will be in the bright yellow tee-shirt by the way !!!!!!!
MAB
17/09/2002 at 12:33
I will be the one running like a recently shot gazelle

17/09/2002 at 12:56
Hi you lot. Have decided on a career change and have moved to the Magic Roundabout, hence the new name!!! (sparkle was strange).
By the way Mark, how do shot gazelles normally run? Is it wonky or fast? Please advise....
17/09/2002 at 13:04
I'll be there number 10130 I think - its at home! Aiming for 45-48 mins. Did Crawley 10K last year in 52.30 with a hangover so hope to improve this time around. I am the one with a hooge scar showing on me 'ed cos I have just shaved it a bit too short!
MAB
17/09/2002 at 13:50
badly, slowly and with very little style
17/09/2002 at 22:43
Zebedee (AKA Sparkle)

Sorry couldnt make the run today. I stuffed myself with too much chocolate and was too bloated to run. However I will most definitely be attending the Nike Training run on Thursday with that Sonia O'Sullivan person. I will be wearing my black Nike lycra top and bottoms, asics trainers and blue bandana holding my "O" shape water bottle. Again say hi if you see me. If not have a good run on Sunday.

Sam :0)
18/09/2002 at 09:39
Hi Sammy - well my halo is pinching - I did the 7k last night and really enjoyed it.
I looked like I was auditioning for the exorcist last night looking for you! Anyway, hope to see you on Thursday and hope you enjoyed the chocolate.

Hasta la vista baby!
18/09/2002 at 10:10
I'll be there on Sunday, number 007! (well technically 00007). Hopefully this number has
nothing to do with my expected finishing position - I'll be happy with 50 mins

J. Bond
1 to 20 of 51 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.