NIKE RUN LONDON 10K

Lets have your times then

41 to 55 of 55 messages
23/09/2002 at 20:06
When are Brighton and Wimbledon? couldn't make it yesterday due to childcare problems..interesting reading about the race...I would have loved to have neen there
23/09/2002 at 21:32
I had a great day (transport aside), 1:01 for my first 10K, which I was quite pleased with. Ran most of the way with a guy called Damien, so if you read this Thanks!
23/09/2002 at 22:51
I was the talk of the office today. It was great talking about the race.

My friends/family said it was such a great day for them from a spectator's point of view, especially the watching swarms of people with the same colour tops on.

Zebedee - I am also joining in the Nike Town runs every Tuesday, in fact will be going tomorrow to do a 5K run (don't think my legs will take longer at this early stage). I will be kitted out in all black Nike gear, a blue bandana holding an "0" shaped water bottle. Say hi if you see me or anyone else for that matter, I promise I don't bite (ha, ha).

Sammy :0)

23/09/2002 at 23:00
Well done all of you. I didn't do the race as yesterday was my last long run before the Chicago Marathon, but I decided to do two laps of the Park as part of my run. The sight of 20,000 yellow shirts in one almost continous ribbon was incredible, and I kept wishing I'd brought my camera. Have to say, though, that I was surprised by the number of people at the back of the last group who clearly had no intention of running - it's called Run London, after all, the intention was to get people to do some training (running) before, and there were plenty of people who would have run it if only they could have got in. Run-walk's fine, but walk-walk is a bit naughty; there's the Playtex event if you want to walk the whole way.

Great visual event though - if the t-shirts are blue next year, I just might do it!
24/09/2002 at 08:56
I agree with you about the people having no intention of running. Its not that much of a problem if they start at the back... unfortunately some of them started at the front of the first group! Passed two pram pushers on the way to the 2K mark! To be fair though another finished only 10 minutes behind me! Being my first 10K, I had a lot to learn about running with so many people. The main one being not to get frustrated and blow any chance of finishing in under an hour which was my target... failed that one but still enjoyed the race even if it felt more like 11K dodging slower runners and walkers. I guess thats what mass events are all about and maybe we should just soak in the specticale and atmosphere. For many just finishing was an achievement and nobody should knock that. I would rather they walked than have more of the sight the beginners faced of a runner being resuscitated near the finish. I for one hope that had a happy ending.
24/09/2002 at 09:15
Sammy - Glad you are going to be doing the NikeTown runs. Not doing tonight though as I have a hundred and one things to do and also the tube strike is putting a damper on it! Am off to France for a long weekend (sister getting married) so look out for me next week with the beret and string of onions!! Have fun
24/09/2002 at 10:29
Did the Nike 10k in 55 mins which was pleased. Although thought whole event was badly managed due to the late start and the nightmare getting out of that place. Based on that, won't be doing it again. Would be interested in running a 10 miler soon. Anyone know of good ones in the south?
24/09/2002 at 10:41
Have you all visited the RunLondon website ? Go to the photo finish bit, type in your time and hey presto, a horror movie!! (Doesn't work on Macs.) And apologies if someone's already posted this info.
24/09/2002 at 10:52
I would also be interested in a 10 miler as preparation for a half miler. Any in the south (near Horsham)? Have you covered that distance before nicola? I have done it on my own road running twice. Once this summer and once last. Would be good to do an organised one tho'
24/09/2002 at 11:01
I meant Half marathon - DOH!
Ian
24/09/2002 at 11:13
I was a bit sceptical about mass participation 10k races but seeing all these new runners who seem to have had a ball, I've changed my mind. Good on ya! Well done the lot of you but especially the first timers. Maybe this is the beginning of a new running boom which will see you venturing out into some of the great local 5 & 10k races which all have their own inner lovliness.
24/09/2002 at 11:14
Just to let you know Kingston Running Festival is soon approaching - 13th October. You can either do marathon, 16 miles or 8 miles. Website www.humanrace.co.uk
24/09/2002 at 11:21
Claire - there is the wimbledon 10 miler coming up.

There are details on this site. Look under events.

Cheers

Stevo
rex
25/09/2002 at 10:47
that was my first 10k really enjoyed myself.my time was 59min 14sec,have got the bug know so looking to do another one soon.
rex
25/09/2002 at 18:27
sorry forgot to say only been running for about 8weeks so i was pretty pleased with my time.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 55 of 55 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.