Nissan 10K

Anyone doing it or done before?

17 messages
14/08/2006 at 17:24
Im dong the Nissan 10k on 27th August and was just wondering if anyone is doing it or has done it before?

Ian.
14/08/2006 at 18:35
Never done it before but if it starts on their sports field and the route goes around those roads i bet its pretty grim scenery. No fancy for this one myself
14/08/2006 at 23:17
It's the first race so no one has done it before :>}
20/08/2006 at 10:41
Did Darlington last week and got a PB - so I thought I'd try this one - this should be as flat as a pancake as well.

Taking wife and toddler - face painting, bouncy castle etc. should keep them quiet (and I can get a mark in the good books as it counts as a family outing!!)
20/08/2006 at 14:07
Hello all

I wont be there for the first running of this event(away in blackpool for one of the lads stag weekends)!!

As an employee of Nissan i can tell you this will be a well organised race.Theres loads to do for the family while the grown ups are running around the factory.Theres a kiddies fun run and a 5k run before the 10k.The route is flat as a pancake,traffic free,the roads are very wide so loads of leg room!! If people dont get pbs on this course id be very surprised.
A couple of weeks ago nissan had its family day from the sports and social club where the HQ of the run starts.About 2/3k people turned up and the event went off very smooth.Theres ample free parking with changing,showers and a cheap pint in the bar afterwards in the sports and social club.
Hope you all enjoy the run and the day.
All the best.
25/08/2006 at 22:05
Hiya!

Just to say if you pop over to the Northern Social thread there are a few of us doing it on Sunday!

I am glad it is flat although know my time will be pathetic!

Hope to see you there!

Princess No.616
25/08/2006 at 22:52
Z

I got a PB at Darlo too

Anyone up for the Kielder 10k on 3rd Sept?
27/08/2006 at 21:04
hi
anyone know where the results will be posted?
Cheers
28/08/2006 at 11:57
Well what do you think?

Not as big a turn out as I expected, too many races in the summer?...October might have beena better choice.

Apart from the headwind on the back straight, a good PB course. My best 10k time for a very long time

Thanks Chester
28/08/2006 at 13:45
Have to agree with OOK,no where near as many people turned out as i was expecting. I thought for sure more fast lads would of jumped at the chance of a flat course to knock out a pb. Do you think the weather put them off,it was fairly windy,i'm glad i wasn't running,lol.
28/08/2006 at 14:45
What was the turnout? I thought it would be a big field as well.
28/08/2006 at 17:40
I was there too. Enjoyed it and got a PB. It was windy, but I think the fact that they put wind turbines there should have given us a clue!
28/08/2006 at 19:12
It wasn't that well publicised - if I hadn't found it on RW' website then I would never have known about it......

I was also surprised that the turnout was low - particularly the 'fast lads' who you see at every NE race. I suppose that the field will grow next year as it becomes more widely known.

I went off too fast at start, flagged from lack of water at the middle and the wind didn't help. Despite that I matched my Darlington time. I'm returning next year for Nissan 2007 - a good PB beckons I think!!!
29/08/2006 at 09:29
Results :

http://www.race-results.co.uk/results/2006/chesterls.htm
30/08/2006 at 08:57
Only 230 official finishers in the 10k
30/08/2006 at 09:38
Finisher 230rd calls into the thread.....

does anyone know if there are race pictures floating about from the event and where they can be found!
30/08/2006 at 13:28
ooops make the 230th don't know where my brain was when I postd this morning!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
17 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.