North Devon AONB Marathon and Half Marathon 2011

entries are open for this real test of mettle with cream tea included!

8 messages
11/10/2010 at 15:48

Hi,

Just to let you know that entries have opened for this gruelling off road marathon and half marathon set amongst a real jewel of Devonshire coast and countryside!  

Next year there will be space for 750 runners and if this year is anything to go by they will sell out super fast again. We event had entries from America, Europe and South Africa...not to mention a large entry from the 100 marathon club!

All monies raised will go to North Devon Hospice who are organising the event.

There's a cream tea waiting for all participants and we hope that the weather next year (26th June to be exact) won't be quite so hot!

Again, it will be a real test of mettle with some road work, green lanes, footpaths, coastal paths, fields (including stiles!), beach and burrows (that's dune's to the none Devonish out there).  

Full details and on-line entry links can be found at www.northdevonmarathon.co.uk or contact Emma on 01271 347213 for more information! 

11/10/2010 at 18:46
may do the marathon as I am doing the Torbay half the week before so might stay down longer then planned
06/06/2011 at 18:29
looking forward to doing the north devon marathon in a couple of weeks ive done a few marathons in the last year,i have heard that its very tough but love a challenge and off road running so am looking forward to it.
06/06/2011 at 19:29
I set of down next Friday as I am doing Torbay half marathon staying in Paigton till Tuesday then st Ives till Friday then Swanage so will be driving from there
10/06/2011 at 09:27
I'll be there for the half - although I need to shake of my cough and chest infection before then!
10/06/2011 at 17:37
got Hanley half marathon on sunday quite a good race and support
27/06/2011 at 12:30
As posted on new forum, thanks to all involved for the freindliest and toughest half that I've done
27/06/2011 at 16:26
did the full marathon toughest,but most enjoyable i have done,really friendly people...a dip in the sea at the end was a godsend.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.