Notfast Open 10k

Who's doing it this year?

1 to 20 of 44 messages
26/05/2011 at 11:16

Well, I'm in this year.....anyone else?

I did this one last year as my very first 10k  and it baking hot and windy, so hoping for cooler weather this year!

01/06/2011 at 19:27
I'm in! Very windy on the "outward" stretch last year, but I recovered after the hill and had a fast (for me!) finish. Really enjoyed having a pint of Guinness in the clubhouse afterwards.
01/06/2011 at 22:35
I'm number 27 if you want to look out for me.  I'll be the slow one at the back 
07/06/2011 at 19:36
i might have a go this year - i'll be the even slower 1 behind polly-polly
07/06/2011 at 21:02

Cool, we can crawl over the finish line together   

My friend's doing it, too.  She got number 1 !!!!!  I won't see much of her in the race though, she's way faster than me 

14/06/2011 at 19:56

doing the summer solstice at bennington this friday - then off to amsterdam for a few days so i'll have to have a serious think about the notfast run - i might need a bit of time to recover from the dutch excesses - in theory i should "fly" through 10k - what sort of time you expecting to do ?

14/06/2011 at 20:55

My time won't be great.  I'm only 3 months back into running after 7 months out with injury.  The NOTFAST will be my first 10k this year.  I'll probably be around 1 hour 5 minutes, so one of the last ones in.....if not THE last one!  lol

I was going to try the Summer Solstice but it's too soon for me    

20/06/2011 at 08:10
Could anyone tell me what this course is like? I did the Stathern 10k yesterday which is a flat course and perfect for me. I have been busy having babies so have only been back into training for about 10 weeks. I did the Stathern 10k in 1 hour, am I likely to make a fool of myself at the Notfast? Thank you!
20/06/2011 at 09:20

No, I'll be the one making a fool of myself!!    In fact, I'm half thinking of pulling out.

Anyway, if you look here  http://gb.mapometer.com/en/running/route_1338531.html you can see the route as well as an altitude graph.  It's not the exact length.  There's a bit at the beginning and at the end where you run on the rugby ground but it'll give you a good idea.  The water stationj is at the top of the hill 

Last year it was really windy and scorching hot, so everyone's hoping for cooler weather this year.  If you do enter, let me know and if I do go I'll look out for you 

20/06/2011 at 11:15
That link is really helpful thank you. I think I will enter, I will let you know!
20/06/2011 at 21:08
come on now ladies - do i sense cold feet ? it's not about how fast you are - it's about completing the course - what's the worst that can happen ?
21/06/2011 at 00:23
Well, the worst for me is that I could do worse than last year, after 7 months out with injury     I know what you're saying but I just couldn't stand to come in last.  I know someone has to be last but I just don't want it to be me.  And my time is really bad anyway    I'm trying really hard at the moment without over-doing it and risking injury again but on today's figures I'll be looking at 1 hour 10, which will be dreadful !!!!  Still, I've paid my money now so I might have to just get on with it 
21/06/2011 at 17:24

Polly Polly

I know what you mean having 7months out injured.I had the same only 6months with my front leg bruise since someone kick me at Brighton Marathon my 39th Marathon and pb was 4.02.I'll be there?

21/06/2011 at 17:51
OK, sounds like we're getting a small gang of us together here    OK, I'm going to do it.  Last or not, at least I'll have done it.  Thanks guys.....see you there  
21/06/2011 at 20:38
well done ladies that's the spirit - my philosophy is nice and steady for the first 5 then blast the last mile - use it or lose ! i'll give no 27 a cheer when she crosses the line - have a good one see you there
21/06/2011 at 21:14
Are you running this one, then?  Will you have recovered from Amsterdam?  Let me know what number you are if you enter before the day.  I'll keep my eye out for you 
22/06/2011 at 05:25
Polly Polly:My advice if you still in pain.DONT go to the dr's.Because them may not answer your questions about running pain. My advice Physio. Its help me with Magic Tape on my bad leg.Runnning Tonight hopefully 10miles from 3.45pm?
22/06/2011 at 10:02
I'm not still in pain.  I had 7 months out to get over my injuries.  I'm taking it steady now to avoid injury and remain pain-free.  Magic Tape?  Hmm.  I think this may be OK for elites who have spent months preparing for seriously important races but I don't think it's the answer for amatuer pain.  Pain is nature's way of telling us to stop doing something.  IMHO, masking pain and continuing on is foolhardy.  However, if Magic Tape works for you, then that's great.  Thankfully, after resting from running, I'm running again without pain albeit at a slower pace..........for the time being 
22/06/2011 at 18:18
number 87
22/06/2011 at 18:34
Great!  I'll look out for you  
1 to 20 of 44 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.