Oakhaven Easter 10K

21 to 29 of 29 messages
29/04/2009 at 20:04

Interesting Steve, I E mailed the organiser about the distance and was told the course was measured the day before and if anything it may have been slightly over ??

I'll be using the Garmin from now on, but not at this race as the results are just numbers and placings without names or times, not a lot of good to those people who forgot their numbers

After sales service is lacking with this one !

30/04/2009 at 18:25
I'm afraid that many runners won't return next year, due to the meaningless "results." This will be a pity, as it is a good course, and raises a lot of money for a very deserving Cause. I am hoping that if the race is again held next year, then they will produce results giving names, numbers, positions, age cats. etc.
30/04/2009 at 19:42

Agreed Terence, I think this is the 3rd year of this race, should be getting it right by now. The majority of people who run these races do so knowing full well they won't win it, so are trying to beat PB's or fellow competitors of similar ability etc, without such basic information as names and times displayed what is the point of  ' results ' in this form. All the information was requested on the entry forms so could easily have been used. Five of us ran this year and that's five that won't be entering next year.

Such a shame as I have already said, it could easily have been a great event and is for a great cause.

23/05/2009 at 10:09
Have to agree guys that the results were a disappointment. Real shame as the rest of the organisation was very good (however I didn't experience the toilets!!!). First time I'd run this - great course and managed to get a PB on it. Ran it with a Garmin and despite losing the GPS a couple of times, it still said it was a little longer than 10k !! All in all still a great race and I'll be back next year especially as my daughter's got to defend her title in the minithon.
23/05/2009 at 12:11

I think the distance was ok too Stuart, I've since run the Lym 10k and did another sub 40 so my time on this race seems about right.

06/04/2010 at 10:03
Measured with the Garmin 405 this year - came up a few meters short but nothing significant - I'd be happy to say that it's about right.
06/04/2010 at 18:32
I believe you were the winner this year Blackers, well done! My Garmin measured the course as 6.15 miles. It was a shame that vandals had removed the k markers, so I was glad to have been able to check off the miles.
13/04/2010 at 18:52
The results were out on the 15th last year. Can you please advise when they are likely to be out this year please?
15/04/2010 at 18:12
Results still not up!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 29 of 29 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.