Oldbury 10

21 to 26 of 26 messages
26/09/2004 at 14:32
Another disappointing run and not just because LLL beat me again. Three weeks to get my body back in order for the Amsterdam Half.
26/09/2004 at 15:46
Bad news LLL, you won a spot prize but left before you could collect it. Better news Mrs U is half way through it, so she sends her thanks.

I ran 84 mins which was not bad after a four monthe layoff, although 3 mins outside my PB set at Olbury last year.

Just managed to see off Tyango after a titanic struggle, but 2 mins down on Satchel foot who also finished one pint ahead.
26/09/2004 at 16:26
just back from pub after sunday lunch & a beer ot two, good to meet wrinty LLL & other forumites, did 70.24 which i am quite (but not totally) happy with, who's doing Mendip Muddle then?
26/09/2004 at 16:50
Well,well,well,fancy nicking my spot prize mrs undulating.Never mind it couldnt of gone to a nicer person.I take it it must of been a bottle of wine.

Wrinty-Dont beat yourself up to much,im just sorry i hang in behind you for so long again.I was trying honest.

Undulating-I keep thinking about majorca(thats the way ill spell it).Im up for it next year maybe then ill be running in those famous blue colours.
27/09/2004 at 11:24
Well must have been one of the few GWR runners not to get a prize of some sort!!
Another disappointing time of 1.32.48 compared to 1.28.49 last year.
Very well organised race and my thanks go to all at Thornbury Running Club for their time and effort.
27/09/2004 at 14:22
By heck do I feel sore today, that stumble on the start line obviously took its toll on my body. My lower right leg is painful to put weight on and my lower back is tender too.

Just a point of note though, is that yesterdays race has the unique distinction of being the only entry in my running log that has a Background Radiation reading as well as temperature and weather.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.