Over the Hills 12K

Try before you buy...

21 to 29 of 29 messages
07/11/2004 at 22:04
Great race, my first half-marathon, but I came in well ahead of my expected time.

I was wondering whether the drizzle contribute to so many people getting PBs. I find it lets you go that little bit faster before you start blowing up...
07/11/2004 at 22:05
Sorry, posted against the wrong event - ignore me!
08/11/2004 at 15:47
Congratulations on an excellent event. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Very well and cheerfully marshalled.

Constructive criticism? Your funnel at the end should have narrowed and run on longer so that runners arriving together are pushed into single file. It would have helped the poor ladies on the finish line no end

Looking forward to next year

Thanks
12/11/2004 at 20:09
What happened to the proposed photographer?

Was this suposed to be the guy from Prosport photos?
12/11/2004 at 20:20
Alan, Unfortunatley the photographer let us down at the last minute and it was very dificult to get another with less than a weeks notice.
12/11/2004 at 20:24
ok cheers... least I didn't get a photo of shock horror as I hit the water... maybe next year then. It was good!
13/11/2004 at 09:36
Some photos of the event have appeared on the Chippenham Harriers website you may be among them.
03/03/2005 at 21:41
If you enjoyed running "Over the Hills" then you may like to try the "Shaw&Whitley Stampede" that I am organising with Avon Valley Runners over one of my six mile training routes around the village. More details can be found here and of course online entry from Runners World.
03/03/2005 at 21:59
hmmm looks fun to me, no rivers sadly ;-)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 29 of 29 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.