Overton 5

Course in opposite direction this year

2 messages
23/08/2011 at 19:09
Hi folks, I registered for this race quite late (on Friday by post and have already received my race pack - very impressive) and I notice that the race is going to be run in the opposite direction this year to previous years.  I have not run the race before but know that it is described as undulating, and that previously there was a nice downhill section in the last mile.  For those of you who have run/know the course, do you think that this will make the course more difficult or will it be more or less the same?  Thank you.
28/08/2011 at 18:03

I live in the village, and ran the course for the first time this morning.  I don't think it makes much difference which way the course is run - the new way has a slightly steeper uphill section for the first mile, whereas the old way you didn't hit the big hill until about a mile into the course.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.