Oxford Half Marathon

181 to 200 of 239 messages
16/09/2011 at 22:28
yeah driving up from London only take you an hour, park at the stadium
16/09/2011 at 22:29

Cento percento the bus service to and from London is pretty frequent and relatively cheap, I use for the London marathon though not sure about buses to the Kassam.

look on Oxford Bus Company or stage coach for time tables.

17/09/2011 at 07:36
You can catch a bus to Blackbird leys from the city center it will take you very close to the Kassam.
17/09/2011 at 07:44

anyone know if it will start as in other larger races do ..ie: two gates/points , one for sub 2hr, one for over 2hr?

17/09/2011 at 12:45
not sure loula i would guess it would be a mass start as its chipped timeing
17/09/2011 at 13:48

do you like your paper chip timer? look like a wrist band lol...bit flimsy if you ask me..ive always had the credit card style ones before.......hope we dont have bad bottleneck situation thn........

17/09/2011 at 20:45

have to say its a new one on me never seen these ones before ,they certainly would,nt fit around my wrist lol

does anyone know how many people have entered

18/09/2011 at 08:59
I only entered a few weeks ago and my race number is in the 500's ... not sure if this is any indication though? Looking forward to a nice flat course after doing the Witney Cotswold Classic 10 miler last Sunday ..... boy that was hard work! A great race though very well organised, highly recommended.
18/09/2011 at 10:57
doubt it, mine is 1860 and I only entered 2 weeks ago
18/09/2011 at 15:42
My number is 91 and I only entered a few weeks ago but mine was a complimentary entry from my gym in Blackbird leys.
I did hear somewhere that they have about 3 thousand entries.
18/09/2011 at 15:53
Well the 1860 figure sounds a bit more like it - I think 3000 is the entry limit this year until they see how it pans out.
19/09/2011 at 12:59

Thanks for all the advice on getting to Oxford. I think that the bus will be the best choice for me as I live in central London and I don't have a car, so hiring a car just for me could be rather expensive.

Getting excited about the race now and looking forward to racing for the first time since London in April. Fingers crossed for good conditions and good luck to everyone for the final week of preparation.

S.

19/09/2011 at 20:31
Went out tonight from the Kassam stadium with a group of runners who have just formed a local running club( blackbird leys) It was great to see the signs up telling motorists about Sundays half marathon.
I have had hard races these past two weeks so i'm hoping my local knowledge is somehow going to make this one a doddle. I think i may even give the course one final run before the weekend just to be on the safe side.
19/09/2011 at 20:41
I am worried because I still haven't got my entry pack.
Could it be because I am not from UK?
Has anybody heard, what to do in that kind of situation? There ir not so much information on oxfordmarathon.co.uk ...
19/09/2011 at 21:41
if you get the bus cento you can get off at headington which is just before oxford and taxi it to the kassam for about a tenner or carry on to oxford town center and get another bus to blackbird -leys, then a 10minute walk to the stadium
19/09/2011 at 22:18

wishing you all well for this HM

we shall hopefully be there to spectate and cheer you all on,

i wont be running as i've been off sick and have personal problems

hoping to return to the curquit for Abingdon marathon  - it is only hoping

wishing you all a super run and day

19/09/2011 at 22:38

Anete - email: 

andy_heyes@blueyonder.co.uk

he should get back to you

20/09/2011 at 13:06
the Kassam Stadium is one minute from the bus stop in Blackbird leys.
Just ask the driver to let you off at the right stop.
21/09/2011 at 17:14

Can anyone tell me what sort of time the runners will be going down Morrell Ave?

I know some people who live there who will be wanting to spectate

From the map is it at about 5 miles in?Map on web site not showing mile markers which is a bit odd

21/09/2011 at 20:57
dalli wrote (see)
if you get the bus cento you can get off at headington which is just before oxford and taxi it to the kassam for about a tenner or carry on to oxford town center and get another bus to blackbird -leys, then a 10minute walk to the stadium

Not the original person talking about the bus, but thanks for the tip about getting off in Hedington.  Will there be somewhere in that vicinity that will be easy to get a cab from, or do you know of any companies that would be best to have the contact number for?

181 to 200 of 239 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.