Oxford Half Marathon

Sunday 14th Oct

41 to 47 of 47 messages
17/10/2012 at 19:54

hi folks,

didn't run this one, but being local kept a keen eye on it. I noticed a pal's entry on power of 10 listed this as a HM NAD (near as damm)

apparently, some of the course was off road so it can't count in the road rankings section! How much was offroad then?

that would be annoying if you'd really targetted this one for a ranking.

Edited: 17/10/2012 at 19:55
17/10/2012 at 20:05
Really? If there was an offroad section, I must have been running a different race. There was a bit through a park which was kind of trail, and a part running down the Thames path. Not sure if that officially counts as offload
Edited: 17/10/2012 at 20:05
17/10/2012 at 20:22
On the PO10 it isn't a recognized PB race, I think it's due the course not being officially measured hence the NAD.
17/10/2012 at 20:24

yet the site apparently says it has a license, and power of 10 list it in their results.

Either way it seems a bodge job.

One sign of a shortie, is most people getting pbs...is that the general feel for this one?

17/10/2012 at 20:27
No the course did measure correct, on my Garmin anyway.
18/10/2012 at 12:45

Four of us did Oxford this year and really enjoyed it.  The course was 'fair' and we arrived early so had no problems with parking.  The baggage situation was a pain and the goodybag/medal/tshirt bit got a bit chaotic but it wouldnt stop us from entering again next year.  Compared to the Great North (which I didnt really enjoy) it was a great morning.

18/10/2012 at 19:18
It's a shame for those that PB'd if PO10 don't count it as the course was correct, bearing in mind it's only in its 2nd year and the field doubled in size this year you were always going to get issues, big city races take more than 2 attempts to run like clockwork, all in all it was a good event which will only grow and improve and that is a good thing!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 47 of 47 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.