Oxford Half Marathon

Sunday 14th Oct

1 to 20 of 47 messages
26/09/2012 at 20:58

Has anyone else entered for this or done it in previous years?  Looking forward to it and also quite nervous!

26/09/2012 at 22:19

yes done it last year miss boris,good race , different route this year though .....,there were some minor problems with parking last year so i would get to the kasam early.

what you nervous about anyway ?

28/09/2012 at 17:58

Hi all

Running the Oxford Half on Oct 14th.Received today via emailed pdf the race details.It said car parking pass included.I've looked and looked but cant see it.Anyone help before I get in touch with the organisers

29/09/2012 at 12:15

Anyone else?Car parking pass def not in race details,wonder if it being posted with number and chip?

Said though it was included in race deatils

Any Oxford HM organisers reading this?

01/10/2012 at 21:48

Hi all,

Yes, I'm, running the Oxford Half on the 14th. It'll be my first half and I'm really excited (though I've been having a few too many calf issues to date). I got my race pack today and didn't get a parking pass. It said that only selected runners got then, though I don't know how they make the selection.

For me, this is by the by as I haven't got a car. However, I wondered if anyone was coming from Central Oxford or Summertown (North Oxford) and would be interested in sharing a taxi, or being gallant enough to give me a lift (I can contribute in cash or Jelly Babies)? According the the Oxford United page, a taxi costs about £10 from the railway station. I'd like to meet others and don't really want to pay for a taxi on my own. 

Perhaps I'll meet one or two of you next Sunday. Otherwise, good luck - hope it's a great one!

Caroline

04/10/2012 at 07:38

caroline you will be able to get a bus to blackbird leys from town in fact theres one that stops outside the kasam

04/10/2012 at 07:42

hi Dalli ! how are you?? im not doing oxford HM this year as i have  Druids on 9th Nov and Abingdon mara on 21st Oct..am popping off to Northdowns for a long run Saturday...

04/10/2012 at 17:53

Thanks Dalli. Though I hear that the bus from town takes absolutely ages. I'll have to get on the bus by about 7.30am to get there in time!

06/10/2012 at 16:13

Im in for this race also.  We got a parking pass which is handy as there are 4 of us coming over from Reading.  

The course profile is described as predominantley flat - can anyone give more info ??  Really looking forwards to it.

09/10/2012 at 14:54

Site now says that parking passes are to be e-mailed to people. Nothing received yet, but then I'm still waiting on my Race PACK.

09/10/2012 at 18:42

A bit of a concern that race pack hasn't arrived yet. I assume it's not the plan to collect timing chip on the day but if they're emailing parking passes now then I do wonder. Thought I heard them say 3500 entrants on radio oxford so hope this doesn't cause delays on the day.

Think it was 2000 last year and I was lucky enough to find street parking nearby but found the baggage drop busy so left my gear in the car. Weather forecast looking fine but a bit breezy so fingers crossed.

10/10/2012 at 20:46

Received my race pack today and it included parking pass. I only entered a couple of weeks ago so assume this means that everyone's should be on the way. My number is over 4000, not sure if this is an indication of the number of entrants. Local BBC radio is now saying wet and windy for sunday but on BBC website it looks ok.

12/10/2012 at 14:22

hey everyone, anyone know if there are going to be pacers at this? ANd if so if they'll be  finishing times or minutes/miles - trying to get under 1:57 (pb) so trying to work out the best plan for me in terms of using pacers, thanks

12/10/2012 at 16:12

Hi David, i have heard that there are pace makers and they are in finishing times in 5 minute increments.

13/10/2012 at 18:08

Hello, I also did not receive a parking permit and not in the emails either - no response from organisers which is concerning! My number indicates there are at least 4000 runners which may explain why the organisation is struggling. How early would people recommend getting to the stadium (if I can negotiate Oxford buses!) 

13/10/2012 at 23:17

how likely is it i can buy an entry off someone on the morning of the event?

14/10/2012 at 14:59
Anyone notice the 8 & 9 mile markers were missing or was that just me?!
14/10/2012 at 16:00

I was cheering just before the mile 10 mark, Peacey, and lots of people were surprised when I told them where they were. They said they hadn't seen 9, but didn't mention 8.

Hope everybody's race went well.

14/10/2012 at 16:23
Cheers, Pipes. I was aiming for sub 80 and using the mile markers to manually lap but missed 8,9 so my pacing went a bit messed up, saying that I don't think I'd of gone sub 80 today but even still its a bit of a schoolboy error by the organisers if they missed them!
14/10/2012 at 16:43

Yes I missed mile markers for 8 & 9 too. Other than baggage collect all went well for me as I smashed previous PB by about 9 mins!. Does anyone know when chip times will be available?

I had my reservations when I saw the bag drop set up but that was a hellish long wait to collect. So glad it wasn't raining and at least the sun had some warmth so didn't chill down too much.

1 to 20 of 47 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.