Paris Half Marathon 2013

21 to 30 of 30 messages
ATM
22/02/2013 at 15:03

That's very kind of you, Dave. but you shouldn't encourage me..I'll bury you under unsolicited advice * The Paris Half was my first Half and I well remember the excitement...* So....

Supporters will find it easy to jump back on Line 1 after the gun and go back down the line to ' Saint Paul'. They will come out right on the course and will be on the runners' left as they run. There's always some entertainment at that point and it's on a busy street...Bastille's good, too, but you  have to agree which side of the road to look for them on..

It's much easier for you to spot your support if they have a flag.Seriously. You won't see French flags...It's amazing , what a lift seeing your own can give you. And consider an ' International' vest..Take advantage of the travelling support and the ex-pats on the route. Then, it's a quick trip back out to the Finish....unless they fancy leapfrogging round the course. That takes a bit more planning.

ATM
25/02/2013 at 11:43

We have signed up to get the sms alerts so my partner will have some idea of my timing, but cant find anywhere on the site to say where on the route the points are where the timings/alerts are sent ... anyone else signed up for this?

Saint Paul sounds like the best bet , we can check it out on saturday

ATM
26/02/2013 at 09:39

I haven't , Dave, but I would imagine they're at the time mats..5, 10, 15 and finish.

Here

The time chip is integral to the bib. That made the finish less conjested, last year.

ATM
ATM
27/02/2013 at 09:50

'just a quick good luck to anyone who might be heading off soon and making a holiday of it. The weather forecast is for a high of 8 degrees and sunny.Perfect. It can be a bit chilly, hanging around at the Start,though, so an old jumper and gloves are handy.

The other thing I thought I'd mention is that French sizing is very much smaller than what I've been used to in the UK. You might want to check that the T-shirt actually fits before you walk away with it.

Good luck, everyone.

ATM
27/02/2013 at 10:03

Thanks ATM - have been a little worried about the weather as it's so bitterly cold here at the minute, I think it was even snowing in Paris the other day. But if your forecast is correct then that'll be very nice to run in! Do we get tshirts? I can't even remember... I'm going to pop into the Nike Store on Saturday to see if I can get a 'I Run Paris' top to match my 'I Run London' one

27/02/2013 at 10:08

hoorah great weather forecast! can't wait!!!!

ATM
27/02/2013 at 10:21

Yes, I've got Paris Half T-shirts...I think we get them at the Expo but I'm not sure.The full mara' ones are given out at the Finish. Either way, have a good look. I'm a 10 but struggle into the Medium. And I don't remember getting safety pins in the bib envelope, last year.hansyhobs, it might not be 8 til the afternoon.. It's 3 , at the moment. I'm wearing my Irn-Bru top, whatever.

ATM
01/03/2013 at 10:24

Wahoo, heading to the eurostar after work today, depsite injury I am looking forward to the race. Probably won't post on here whilst I'm in Paris so good luck everyone

ATM
01/03/2013 at 20:46

Sorry,all...Got mydirections mixedup. We'll pass St.P at about 15k and yoursupporterswillbe on your right.

Lovely and dry,here; but cold.Perfect for running.

ATM
07/03/2013 at 11:38

How did everyone find the race? My knee was playing up pretty badly but I really enjoyed the event. Not the most exciting course ever but the whole race experience was great and I love the tshirts and ponchos!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 30 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.