Paris Marathon 2012

le marathon en Paris...

11,661 to 11,680 of 11,765 messages
02/08/2012 at 16:16

Man it's boring being at work in August. How did people cope before the internet?

Quick 9km at lunchtime but I think I'm a bit under the weather, HR was too high and it felt a bit too hard. Maybe I need to rest and recover.

Has anyone heard from Marathon Maus recently? Just wondering how she got on with all the tests. Fingers crossed for her.

02/08/2012 at 16:22

I'm taking a few days off.  Stretching and doing lots of eccentric calf strengthening but achilles still not great.  Figure its not the end of the world if I don't run even until Sunday.

02/08/2012 at 16:52

Neil - I have been wondering about MM too?? Hope your feeling better soon.

DLR - Better to rest now. 11 weeks on Sunday!

I am most definately counting my life away!!!

02/08/2012 at 17:51

I shall take your advice Doctor Kaz!

02/08/2012 at 19:04

If only I took my advice!!!

02/08/2012 at 21:05

DLR - Kaz rest is very different from everyone elses rest. You better be up at 4am to take a horse for a walk!

Short run for me tonight. Managed to get my time down to 8 minute miles, which is the best I've managed since getting that muscular pain. The leg is starting to feel much better. I might be able to have a PB attempt on Sunday after all. Either that or I'll crash and burn.

Edited: 02/08/2012 at 21:05
02/08/2012 at 21:19

Egggy - I am somewhat concerned about my poor horse. I had him at the vet the night for a check-up cos he seems somewhat thin.He has lost 14kg since the end of March?? He now weighs the same as he did at his 1yr check up and he's 3and a half Time to up his food and cut his walks.

Glad your leg is feeling better and good luck for Sunday.

02/08/2012 at 21:29
Kaz - hope your doggy is ok.

Did 10k tonight. Started strongly so kept it going and finished in 45 minutes, which is pretty fast for me for a training run.I think the 12 day rest has been good for me.
02/08/2012 at 22:01

Simon - Great going on your 10k.

Kaz - Hope your dog is ok. Going on the photos I think that one could eat you out of house and home.

Dark Vader    pirate
02/08/2012 at 22:44
Olympics has been brilliant today
03/08/2012 at 00:12
Fantastic day. Spectators at all events have been 'phenomonal' (Sir Chris Hoy'). Kicking myself that I didn't apply for tickets.
03/08/2012 at 07:55

Simon

Great time for a 10k training run!

And I think you can still apply for olympic tickets. I haven't tried myself, and I hear the system is bit annoying, but it is still possible.

03/08/2012 at 07:57

off out for a 8 maybe more run.  ATM, no, thought I would get a bit stronger on my road bike then focus on the swimming before I tried one of those races, but we are catching up at the Glasgow half - no??

ATM: road bike or hybrid for Arran?  My instinct tells me hybrid but I do love love love my road bike???

Kaz: that sounds like a plan and bit better for you I think.  There is always next year 

Edited: 03/08/2012 at 07:57
03/08/2012 at 08:34
Simon MacD wrote (see)
Fantastic day. Spectators at all events have been 'phenomonal' (Sir Chris Hoy'). Kicking myself that I didn't apply for tickets.

It's better than the crowds all being pheremonal. That wouldn't be pretty at all! The Olympics is seriously messing with my ability to do much training. I get in from work and then start watching and end up not going to bed very early, so consequently I don't want to get up early and go do some exercise. Still, I cycled to work this morning but it only took 15 mins or so. Hopefully will bag a run at lunchtime.

Neil - fancy a run on Sunday morning perhaps? Potentially 15-20K around 5min pace? Not sure if I can do all that yet but want to start building up again... Maybe laps in and around Parc de Tervuren so if my wheels suddenly fall off, I am not far from the car?

03/08/2012 at 08:51

TD - sounds good (thought you had the outlaws visitng?). I'll email you

ATM
03/08/2012 at 10:00

'morning, all. Fab early morning , open water, swim. 'Can't tell you how lovely it was...The lure of rubber-wear for , errr, general leisure still escapes me , though. It's great in the water but it's a bit hot on shore.

Audrey, don't exclude the Tri. From memory,t's 20 lengths in a 20 metres pool, 10 k up , mainly, desterted roads and 5 k along the Water of Leith. It's super-beginner-friendly ( I think they still let the slow swimmers go first so that you have a chance of not finishing last , even if you are, actually, ' last'.

Arran is far easier /faster on a road bike...but the surface in some places is not good so prepare for a bumpy few hours. If you're aiming for the ' next' ferry, a road bike's a must...I think...If you're out for the day, a mountain bike might be more comfortable. You can leave stuff in lockers at the ferry, if you don't want to cart spare clothes 'n' stuff. Top Tip: head South on arrival * Not that that will save you from the wind....*

ATM
03/08/2012 at 11:21

Audrey - Road bike, always road bike. Not that I'm biased ar anything!

Once again despite being a hop, skip and a swim away from Arran I've never been over to it. Must add that to my to cycle list.

ATM
03/08/2012 at 11:43

Eggy! How can you not have been there? It's on your doorstep....and twice round the island is the IM distance; perfect for the bike leg....apart from the road surface.... DV used the island for a private IM..the first Arranman, with T-shirt and medal to prove it. And midgie bites......

ATM
03/08/2012 at 12:32

I'm used to poor road surfaces. A few of them around my way look like they've been used by the RAF for bombing practice. I'll give Arran a bash next year. Been focusing on my running more than the bike this year after entering Paris and Chicago.

03/08/2012 at 12:46

Simon MacD - I did apply for tickets. Rejected twice, so gave up.

From that point on I've had regular emails telling me 'More tickets have been released'!!!!

Why weren't these available from the start?

Why do the British insist on Ballots for tickets/places (Olympics/VLM) where everyone else just gets on and sells them?

Rant over

11,661 to 11,680 of 11,765 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.