Paris Marathon 2012

le marathon en Paris...

1 to 20 of 11,765 messages
Dark Vader    pirate
19/08/2011 at 09:07

....  the saga continues....

GBD
19/08/2011 at 09:26

Can anybody tell me exactly when registration opens for 2012? And how quickly does it usually become full - within a few days or a bit longer?

Thanks

19/08/2011 at 09:39

Opens in September I think.

The entry price is tiered and increases once a certain amount of runners have entered.

It takes ages to sell out. Will still be places available in early 2012 

ATM
19/08/2011 at 10:38

'morning...

Hello, DBG and TH. I think it's 15/9, DBG and it takes a while to fill up...but not beyond mid-November, these last few years. Go on, you know you want to do this.'Might as we'll get in cheap (er).

Jour-J <-- get that for me as I head to the beach in my birthday suit. More, later...

ATM
19/08/2011 at 10:45
Whayee the new thread
19/08/2011 at 11:10
We managed this many posts and views on the 2011 thread:  7764243580

So, let me be the first to ask a repeat question

When does registration for the race open?  How much does it cost? Does anyone know if they have hotels in Paris and where i could find one? Do they have foreign food there? Where will I be able to watch Birmingham City v Arsenal football match as it's on that day and i wouldn't want to miss it? Is it too soon to start tapering? What gels do they give out? What other activities can i get up to in Bois de Boulogne and do they give a discount if i wear my running number?

That should give us something to talk about. Oh yes, OO and meself probably aren't going to run it this year (should have VLM places) but I reckon I'll come down and watch.

19/08/2011 at 12:00
I went all dark on the 2011 thread, so I thought I'd better potter over here
19/08/2011 at 12:36
Oy Tricky- who says I'm not running Paris.....
19/08/2011 at 12:42

Great to be on a new thread- lets get the party started...

You didn't mention advice on the consistency of poo Tricky? 

ATM
19/08/2011 at 14:12
I feel under pressure to make even a tenous link between my posts and running and/or Paris.So, remember this?  
http://runnerintherockies.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/new-image9.jpg

Meanwhile....

First ' wetsuit' experience for me, today. It was fantastic fun! We didn't die of cold within seconds, as feared.In fact, it was really pleasant...after the first rush of seawater down the neck of the suit. I'm delighted with my birthday present. ' Won't be wearing it socially, though....

ATM
19/08/2011 at 14:16
Bristol Stool table OO..  cant get a picture up of it - we might scare the newbies if its on the first page
19/08/2011 at 14:34

Bienvenue tout le monde!  Nice and sunny here in Paris this afternoon.  Rest day for me which is not completely coincidental with the fact that it is my boss's last day and he has just treated us to some champagne.  Hic ...

19/08/2011 at 14:41
New thread duly bookmarked and 15 miler completed in celebration. Not easy - I was struggling from about mile 4 - just one of those days, I think.

To anyone lurking - Paris marathon is great, you'll love it, they have wine and firemen and everything .

ATM - how are you getting on with Brad Pitt and the zombies?
19/08/2011 at 14:41

congrats to Miss O&O and Miss NGUG on uni - Master PF also got grades for his first choice uni of UEA reading philosophy and politics, am so happy for him. Let the fun and hard work begin for them all. 

NGUG:  Master PF girlfriend is also going to Warwick but to read straight philosophy I'll let her know about Miss NGUG.  

On a running front did easy 4 monday, rest day tuesday, speedy stuff of 5 miles wednesday, a 7.32 miles in 58 mins yesterday - followed by 6.5 miles extremely easy today!!!!  Rest tomorrow then 13 - 15 miles sunday.  Have entered wolverhampton 1/2 marathon on 4th september should be fun!!!!

Happy friday all.

19/08/2011 at 14:53

Congratulations to all proud parents and offspring

I should be heading to Wales for Race the Train tomorrow; I'm entered into the Rotary Challenge in the afternoon (14miles off-road) and Mr F was doing the Quarry Challenge in the morning (10K on the second half of the Rotary course)....

However, Mr F is injured and I am contemplating doing both races or either or none (and saving the petrol). Decisions, decisions... I mean, how hard can 20, muddy, hilly, off-road miles be? 

19/08/2011 at 14:56

Excellent news Fi - well done Master PF and to Master PF's g'friend too have told Ms NGUG that she will be at Warwick - have to arrange relays with the Webb family taking up supplies and bringing back dirty washing LOL.  Starting to think of the practicalities.  Mr NGUG saying today will she be back every weekend - no dear I dont think so!!!  Good luck with Wolverhampton you got a PB there last time if I remember rightly  (no pressure..)

ATM
19/08/2011 at 14:58

Well done to all the A-levellers.Lots of celebration this weekend, no doubt. And that's just the parents...

RR, Mr.& Mrs. Pitt appear to be living a couple of miles down the road... If I see them in Tesco, I'll have a chat. 'Definitely want to go into Glasgow tomorrow and see it as Philadelphia...

ATM
19/08/2011 at 15:11
ATM - just be careful not to follow the road signs if you do
19/08/2011 at 19:08

"Where do I get my medical certificate, you know, the one that the website tells me to download?"

We're much more able to commit to Paris than we've been for the last 2 years, I'd love to do it again.

I'll start saving now for those tiny-bit-expensive after race drinks.

19/08/2011 at 19:25
Has anybody got pics of the after race drinks in the Pure Malt?  I'd love to see them.
1 to 20 of 11,765 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.