Paris Marathon 2013

...and the beat goes on...

181 to 200 of 19,627 messages
09/08/2012 at 12:44

Neil - wow. Just wow.

Did practicality dictate the sale?

09/08/2012 at 12:48

Based on one of her Facebook posts I imagine KO's is petitioning the US Embassy to get some form of burrito fast food outlet in Amsterdam. I mean come on we even have a couple of those in Glasgow.

09/08/2012 at 12:49

Iain - I know Neil's story. It has a very good conclusion but it's his news if he wants to share it.

Brighton to London to Brighton bike riding dream on hold (for me at least). Appointment fixed up with surgeon on Monday afternoon. Got to get this lumpy thing on my back-side (as in, back-side of my knee) to be looked at. My actual backside is rather fine as it happens. The cycling shorts prove it. No arguments please.

09/08/2012 at 13:10

neil's story...he upgraded to a delorean and will be back some time soon?

TD - Good to hear that your bum looks good in lycra, just DON'T show us the front!  I've had all the ken doll viewing I can take with the TDF and olympic cycling.  Although ken dolls are better than the meat and veg displays from the athletics. Don't guys get that they have their own VERY obvious version of camel toe?

09/08/2012 at 13:18

I doubt many male athletes give much thought to how they look, more to how they perform.

I remember getting pelters when running past a bunch of lads waiting for a football supporters bus when I was trying out my trisuit for the first time. It really wasn't the best timing to do that brick session.

ATM
09/08/2012 at 13:20

Great site, Dannirr. The cars are brilliant!  *DV, this, apparently, is the Hungarian delegation to the 1896 Olympics...just so you know the dress code...*

http://www.olympic.org/Assets/MediaPlayer/Photos/1896/01/01/RAAEK003/RAAEK003_HD.jpg

ATM
09/08/2012 at 14:00

Hi Iain, no it wasn't practicality, in fact the replacement (if it ever arrives - ETA February 2013) will be even less practical: only three wheels, no roof, no doors, no heater. Can't wait

On the shorts: I think "the Rummelator" is making it worse by defending himself online

http://www.reddit.com/r/olympics/comments/xru31/one_us_rower_was_particularly_excited_by_his/c5pe78q

09/08/2012 at 14:47

Hee hee hee.  men and lycra shorts are not a good combination.  You'd think they could put support or something in there.  It must hurt when it jangles and movement may lead to catching in a rowing boat.

Olympics wise, I'm enjoying dancing with your horse at the moment.  That britian's got talent dog is a light-weight compared to this!

09/08/2012 at 14:56
Marathon Maus wrote (see)
 I was starting to worry about DLR too (well more than usual) but it turns out his "holiday" was, liked a proper one. 

Oi!  Watch it you.

Combination of holiday and not having ran since Tuesday of last week.

Sal - saw a couple of minutes of dressage.  How shite is that?  It's not a sport it's training an animal to do tricks.

Another medal coming up for Yorkshire later this afternoon.

09/08/2012 at 15:12

am on to BMX now.  It's carnage!  I'd say most sports are training "animals" to do tricks better than others.

09/08/2012 at 15:34

HA HA, the guardian blogger doesn't get dressage to music either.

09/08/2012 at 17:05

Another gold for Yorkshire

09/08/2012 at 17:51
Are Yorkshire more successful than Australia yet?!
09/08/2012 at 17:58

I heard Yorkshire was 7th on the overall medal table

09/08/2012 at 19:30

Training question please:

When running to a specific pace, is it better to set your Garmin to instant pace, or average pace?  I have always used Average, but I think that might cause me to run too fast initially in an attempt to get the pace where I want it.  Instant would be better, but is the sampling period too short thus causing you to speed up / slow down too often?

This is only important to me now as I need to do some intervals (mile long each though).

Thanks

09/08/2012 at 19:36

DV and others - here is the schedule for the London to Brighton event:

http://www.veterancarrun.com/introduction/timetable.html

and here is a good route and spectator map:

http://www.veterancarrun.com/spectate/spectator_route_map.html

09/08/2012 at 20:03
Horse dancing and feisty Irish and Yorkshire women punching people - hoorah!

TD - it's the 2L. And if my experience of driving in Belgium as anything to go by, i seem to remember it's terrifying regardless of which side the steering wheel is on.

Count me in for support/logistics for the Great Race. I will wave you off and/or deliver cold rice pudding, doughnuts and words of encouragement anyone as required.
09/08/2012 at 20:08

Dan - I only use the average.  It's true that it's a bit inaccurate at first but the instant readings seem to be all over the place - 3 minute miles one second and 15 minutes the next.

09/08/2012 at 21:03
I don't care what anyone says, my little red fiat 500 is the best car ever. Lalalala I shall now stick my fingers in my ears and refuse to listen to any statistics.

Horses dancing to music. Seriously, I didn't think I could be surprised by the world anymore but what the.....

Dannir I use the average too. But then in not super fast so as long as I'm there or there abouts I'm happy.

TD I must have missed your mention of the lump behind your knee. Is it painful?

Eggy the speed of light costumes are awesome. If someone can explain how I upload pictures I'll post a couple. It's like being in Tron!
09/08/2012 at 21:10

Hmmmm......on the 6th July I weighed 11st 13lb, today its 12st 13lbs.  Guess I enjoyed that holiday a little bit too much!

Off to Edinburgh again next week - whose there?  SR - you still working in Auld Reekie?

181 to 200 of 19,627 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.