Paris Marathon 2013

...and the beat goes on...

2,661 to 2,680 of 19,622 messages
10/10/2012 at 22:17
The Jimbob wrote (see)

Saw this today in the Metro. http://www.london2brightonchallenge.com/ Blimey, imagine running 100km - 100km? 100km?

have a chat to DV, in nov he's racing Dannir in a classic car...just for laughs as a training run for this London to paris, paris marathon, paris to london, london marathon jaunt.

10/10/2012 at 22:18

IM2: its just bloody awful. You support these people, you idolise them you are inspired by them, and then he turns out to be a common drug cheat - just like all the others AHHHH - all hail the Boy Hoy and WIGGO. If either of those two had such a fall from grace i think i'd have to top myself!

10/10/2012 at 22:21
Radar Sal wrote (see)

I think the really sad thing about lance is how he completely demolished anyone's career/life who questioned him or tried to tarnish his reputation, previous to this.

There's so many reasons why it just doesn't stop being sad. But he's ok - cause he gets to walk away from it all FILTHY RICH

10/10/2012 at 22:23
Radar Sal wrote (see)
The Jimbob wrote (see)

Saw this today in the Metro. http://www.london2brightonchallenge.com/ Blimey, imagine running 100km - 100km? 100km?

have a chat to DV, in nov he's racing Dannir in a classic car...just for laughs as a training run for this London to paris, paris marathon, paris to london, london marathon jaunt.

what car - what why who oh Dark lord of the Sith? running? While Dannir drives?  

11/10/2012 at 00:10

Jimbob: here you go: http://www.veterancarrun.com/media/news_releases.asp?newsID=160

Iain:  I hope they are right - weather channel had high wind with gusts.  I dont mind the other stuff but wind hurts!

Orbutt: take a run around the Rock - it's a beautiful walk and I'm sure a great run.  Where are you staying out there?  Any time in Alice?  

TD: I hope you are right  in that the report is used to better the sport.  I question the motive to release it though. The punishment was already enforced. Did Lance's decision not to fight it (for whatever reason) rob them of their show?

11/10/2012 at 00:23
Orbutt - Have a great time down under. I loved my trip there many years ago now.

On the hair thing I also had long hair down to my waist from the age of 16 until I was 35. It had to get the chop as it was thinning out and I didn't want to look like Francis Rossi! I miss my long hair. You can't headbang to grunge with crappy short hair.
11/10/2012 at 00:32

Iain:  I'm afraid it seems to be getting worse in Toronto for Sunday! Need to add some other clothes to my bag.

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/698298/gallery/weather2.png?width=350

11/10/2012 at 06:31
Dannir. Fitting a lot in whilst here so won't be able to run around the rock.
We did look into staying in Alice but there's a sporting games when we would have been there and accommodation was limited.

Yer maj - what news of Sunday?
11/10/2012 at 06:38

Dannirr - Good luck with that weather!!!  Amsterdam currently has rain, rain, rain, rain have everything crossed that it'll rain itself out by next weekend.

11/10/2012 at 06:51

For those that want all the details and to analyse it themselves: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/460511-usda-reasoned-decision.html Even the contents page is pretty daunting!

11/10/2012 at 07:15

Morning all,

I admit the stuff with Lance is astounding but I think regardless of the result - the USDA has led a witchhunt against him for the past 10 years. I think he's an inspirational guy and an amazing sportsman... he may be a stinking liar on the other side but we're not perfect!

I had a long stretching and massage session yesterday. I'm resting today in favour for a trial run tomorrow :/

@Dannirr - How is little one getting on? Are you all ready for Toronto?
@RadarSal - they've been predicting here that it'll clear up mid next week but it'll be 10-14'c

11/10/2012 at 07:31

They have started talking about frost and ice here but luckily it was just tipping it down for my cycle ride this morning. I suppose rain is now my friend - it means plus degrees.

11/10/2012 at 07:40
Lots of soggy runs out there at the moment - RS, I've seen a 10 day forecast for Amsterdam that has rain rain rain, showers on the Friday, sunny intervals on Saturday. That's the one I'm choosing to to believe.
11/10/2012 at 07:52
Dannirr - really hope your forecast is wrong. Noone needs a thunderstorm during a marathon!

RS - I'm in danger of sounding like a broken record but accuweather have max 12, min 7 degrees, with some showers. At least the temp'll be perfect. the thing I remember about Amsterdam was getting there early and being frozen sitting around the stadium until the start. So bring the warm clothes!

Emmy/Dannirr - I must say the USADA have gone to extremes but the wealth of evidence seems to be there. I've said it before, it's all just horribly disappointing. I find it hard to think about Lance in a cancer-survivor-victor way these days... And that's the most galling bit - I used him as an example with my patients.
11/10/2012 at 08:07

got my accommodation for paris sorted, now the flights , YM your short hair is great, but you do know its not the hair right?? Its you!  

TD you do make me laugh, job done 

11/10/2012 at 08:34

Can you believe it I have started packing!!! Warm clothes for the start are in the case!

Going out for my 10 mile 'LSR' once I have walked junior to school, and walked the dog. Very windy here but at least its dry - just now!!

Audrey - Where do you fly from?? Where did you get accomodation? Just nosey as always!!

ATM
11/10/2012 at 09:14

Well, I'm off for an audience with Yer_maj. * 'Better brush my arguably-too-long-for-her-age hair and polish my curtsey..*

ATM
11/10/2012 at 10:01
Dannirr wrote (see)
 TD: I hope you are right  in that the report is used to better the sport.  I question the motive to release it though. The punishment was already enforced. Did Lance's decision not to fight it (for whatever reason) rob them of their show?

Dannirr - I think the decision in August to no longer oppose what USADA was doing was a calculated ploy to ensure that LA never had to take a stand in court and swear any oaths that would make him liable for jail time for subsequent perjery - like Marion Jones had to suffer a few years back.

Also, as USADA acknowledge in their summary, by not opposing their findings, a good deal of evidence will not come to light and there is no opportunity to cross-examine witnesses. It also means that LA can try to shift the ground of his fight into the courtroom of public opinion. What is interesting is how often the term "LA subject to a witch-hunt" is repeated. That was a phrase his PR team dreamed up and spoon-fed to the press.

I would say that USADA have followed a systematic process to ensure that appropraite accountability is brought to a drug-trafficking, drug-abuse and fraud ring. Good on them for their persistence and not letting the big fish bully himself to freedom. He crushed and intimidated people along the way. He sent threatening messages to rider's wives to ensure they kept their mouths shut. He is not a nice guy.

11/10/2012 at 10:08

My too long hair is in its pony tail as always, discussed the hair cut with a very dear friend who'se constructive comment was, "but that's how I know you when're running, by the swinging pony tail".... 

Eggy:  I have masses of very curly hair down to mid back in length - loads of hair!!  funny thing is when is was short ( age 19 as rebellion to at that time bf) was exceptionally straight and I really struggled as just don;t "do" hair, Can put mine up, most common hair style for me is the wild woman of wonga look - good thing big hair is "in" at the moment. 

Did my R2R 4.5 mile run this morning in lovely wet weather, with a tad of wind, but oh boy it was lovely.  Yoga and core work tomorrow along with rehab exercises later on today.  Dog walk next on the agenda for today.

11/10/2012 at 10:30

Hi Everyone

Having a bit of a bad week running wise, nice 20k on Sunday and then got a "gastro" (do you say that in the uk or is it a belgian-ism?) in the middle of the night which completely took me out for 12 hours, after which I slept for another 12. I ran yesterday but strength wasn't back yet. Feeling a bit more with it today.

TD: if you're worried about Saturday I think DH will fill in for you, I know the email exchange was a joke but I'm pretty sure he would still do it. By the way, I'm a bit daunted by the logistics of the "biggest ekiden in the world" - might email you

Yer Maj - I probably missed it - are you going to run the Half at the weekend?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.